Starting January 19th,

btevah

How is everyone doing? I was exhausted last night when I got home from work and felt sooo hungry when I went to bed. I don't usually snack before bed, but I had a handful of pumpkin seeds and some dried pineapple (not recommended for a snack, but it's what I had) Doing well so far today but definitely more tired than normal. I also woke up with a sore throat, so hopefully I haven't caught a bug! Some chicken bone broth is cooking in the crockpot, so I'll have a big cup of that when I get home. 

Breakfast was sweet potato egg casserole with some homemade duck liver pate spread on top and some cauliflower rice pilaf (recipe in the Well Fed 1 cookbook). Lunch was leftover green thai curry with cod and lots of green veggies that I made for dinner last night and some orange slices and grapes to go with. I ate around 11:30 and feel hungry-ish already at 1:00. I remember from my last whole30 that this is normal for me, so I'm drinking hot tea and waiting a bit before digging into my emergency snack in the work fridge (two boiled eggs, some cut up veggies, and green olives). 

I've been doing really well so far - I actually haven't been too hungry and am really enjoying the food.  The hard part for me has been the headaches.  I was a big Diet Dr. Pepper drinker prior to this, so I'm glad to finally be quitting that, but the headaches really stink.  Hopefully they will pass soon!

The past two days I've been absolutely exhausted and achy... I guess the carb flu is a real thing! Feeling much better since I woke up this morning, thank god. Hoping my improved feelings will keep me out of "kill all the things" territory the next few days. Foodwise, I've been really happy so far. Two recipes I'd definitely recommend:

http://whole9life.com/2010/08/steal-this-meal-chicken-simple/

Super simple but delicious. I used sweet potatoes instead of brussel sprouts. Great for leftovers too! (I'm only cooking for two).

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7486819479/prosciutto-wrapped-mini-frittata-muffins

These make my mornings super simple, I just nuke them and add avocado or grapes to the plate.

I'm in the same boat as GreenValley, used to having a few drinks every night. Cutting out the alcohol is a whole battle unto itself! Luckily I spend so much time food prepping at night now that I don't have as much downtime to fill. Also soda water with fresh lime and lemon is my go to when I want to reach for something.

Good luck everyone! Keep it up!

I am starrrrrving. Maybe its the grey weather and I am just stressed and bored at work trying to procrastinate...so maybe its just craving the lattees I got used to having daily.

Think I'll have a cup of tea....also need to figure out what's for dinner tonight:)

One week in the bag.  Feeling "pretty good" physically but the psychological affects are wondrous!  Plus last night at dinner my wife was staring at me and I finally said "what?" she said: "I can see a change in your face.  It's not so puffy."  Well, that may have been a "back" or "left handed" compliment but I'll take it!

Good luck! 

Hey Guys,

Week one done with no major issues. Week Two, day one is in the bag. Honestly, I don't feel or see much difference, which is disappointing. But, after all, it's only been one week.

I've been using JJ Virgin Protein Shakes with Almond/Coconut milk as my Pre-Workout meal. The mix is no dairy, no soy, no sugar, no corn, no grains, etc.

Does anyone know if the shake is a no-no?

Archived