New to Whole 30, not new to clean eating

Rhonda Coleman

Hi, I'm Rhonda. Just finishing up another "30" clean eating program (my first). It was quite a learning experience! I've been a yo-yo dieter for 40 years. Lost a lot of weight (Adkins, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, etc.), gained it all back (food boredom, tired of weighing, counting, measuring, too much artificial, not as much real food, etc.). So, for the last several months I've been reflecting on what I wanted/needed out of food. And what I didn't. I wanted something I didn't have to weigh, count, measure. I wanted something easy, delicious. And, I didn't want prepackaged, stick in the microwave food in tiny portions. So, I read up on the "clean eating" rage, and I liked what I read. Well, SOME things I didn't like - NO SUGAR!?!?! No creamer in my coffee!?!?! But, I "sucked it up," put on my big girl panties and jumped in! I did really well for 2 weeks, then work & family stressors hit me, I stumbled, fell, had some bad days. But, I picked myself up, kicked myself in the pants and started again. Rather than continue with the other (not free) program. I decided to try Whole 30 after looking at the 30 day menu on Nom Nom Paleo.

So, here I am. My start date with Whole 30 will be Monday, February 2, 2015! Will be doing some stocking up and tossing out, and reading, reading, reading!! Hoping to find kindred spirits for support and encouragement!!

Archived