Feb. 1 - Gayla's 1st W30 Reintro Log

Lazykitty

This has become a very interesting adventure/journey and the next phase begins February 1. Every journey begins with the first step and now the next phase begins.

Who says you can't teach an old gal new tricks! Maybe for my bday next year (68yy) I will do it again!

Day 0 -Beginning weight = 177 lbs., now 166 lbs.!!!! Wtg Go Me! I lost 11 lbs. of bloating and discomfort just by eating REAL foods!

It isn't just the weight I have lost, my negative attitudes regarding food has changed. I believe in this program.

Breakfast: Garlicky Brussel Spouts with poached eggs.

Staying within the W30 parameters is easy while reintroducing 'banned' foods. I don't believe we will have a serious problems, since we had already banned dairy (except for cheese) and grains (burgers w/o buns) because of my dh's cancer.

Lunch: leftover chicken salad on an avocado half.

Dinner: Smashed chicken w/yellow & green squash and steamed carrots. Dessert is grapes.

I am happy with my adventure and have decided to continue my journey.

Day 1 - i have read some reintro gals on February 1 group and they are reporting ailments; and now I am worried about my reactions! This is weird, worrying ahead of time!

Dinner: Chocolate chili served over brown rice and spinach, blue corn chips and no dessert!

Good luck to me

Day 2 - no problems with non-gluten grains, no stomach issues but mild joint pain (hips....could be from over exertion). Not of result of eating rice and corn chips.

Day 4 will be legumes; black bean soup, perhaps a green pea salad.

Feb. 3 = Day 3....I really need to exercise, see PT on Monday (fir left shoulder and knee) and recommend something!?

Food sensitivities have been faced and I now know for sure what affects me. I purchased ATK Gluten Free Cookbook and start experimenting next week.

I do not intend to reintro grains, I choose to learn more cooking with no gluten grains.

As for dairy, I will follow W30 and use half & half and sour cream. I will make ghee from butter. Because dairy is also not my friend!

Meal 1-leftover potatoes + fresh spinach + onions + eggs = Leftover Scramble.

Meal 2-shrimp salad on a half avocado

Meal 3-buffet at the Rio! Woohoo!

Archived