Jodie Day 1 - March 16

jodie.delay

Hi all, This is just a quick hello! I'm 43, work full time in communications for Montana State University Extension, am working full-time on my masters degree in healthcare management (online) and am a single mom of two amazing kids (Jackie will be 21 next month and Dylan who is 16). I have Crohn's disease with significant arthritis involvement. Dylan also has Crohn's. I am generally in good health considering my bad health. I'm much more active and have a better diet, I think, than I would if I didn't have to be pretty careful. I'm about 10 pounds overweight. I hurt less when I exercise - running is my sport of choice though I also enjoy swimming. I started this challenge because I'm feeling considerable joint pain again and just don't want to! I have tried a million things for my Crohn's and am skeptical of "fads". I like a lot I've read about Whole 30 and willing to give it a whole-hearted try. So that's me. I look forward to getting to know folks on this forum. It looks like a friendly, helpful group. jd 

Hi Lisa, thanks for the shout-out! I will let you know :)! So far so good - on day 4 and not feeling awful as I thought I might. The only thing I've found sort of not reasonable is avoiding snacks. It has definitely been a long term MUST for me to eat multiple small meals throughout the day, as opposed to three larger meals. I've had a couple of surgeries (resections) and have scar tissue that narrows my bowels significantly. I don't handle a lot of bulk. Because I've seen clear personal problems with only eating three times/day and have had good success for more than 8 years (I've had Crohn's for 20) with "grazing", I'm continuing to do this. It is really the only way I can consume vegetables - a little at a time! Other than that, I'm following the normal plan exactly (the AIP doesn't seem science based to me). Anyway, I'll stay in touch!

Wishing you the very best on this journey!

Jodie

Archived