Day 30!! What will you eat today?

Terri HarpLady

Hey Friends!

So today is day 30, of my 2nd whole30! I feel fantastic!

I officially started my Paleo journey back in January, & my first WH30 was last March. The true confession is that although I did well on that WH30, I didn't give up Stevia. Once it ended I continued to eat well for awhile, then I went out for a Benedict breakfast, forgot to ask them to sub veggies for the English Muffin. When my breakfast came, the Muff had soaked up the lovely Hollandaise. I asked my self, "How bad can it be?" & ate it. The funny thing is, I didn't really care much for the starchy mouth feel anymore, but I kept eating it. I suffered for weeks from that Muff, & have no doubts now that grains are not for me, along with dairy, sugar, & some other things that I've been off of for years.

So, on this WH30 I took a break from Stevia too. It has been good to get away from the sweet taste. I plan to continue on eating like this, as it suits me well. I'm sure I'll have an occasional cheat, but most of the time they result in me not feeling so good, so maybe not.

Today I treated myself to JJ Kale Benedict for breakfast! Imagine a steamy bed of homegrown Kale, the best & truly Paleo Hollandaise ever, topped with a few basted eggs. "Where's the Bacon?" you ask, and sadly, there was none. I need to go grocery shopping!! But, the Hollandaise was rich and creamy (no dairy, no coconut oil).

What are you eating today?

For lunch, it was Tuna Lettuce wraps. Dinner will be a "Fiesta Bowl"...basically shredded lettuce, taco style ground beef, fajita veggies (onions, bells, & I have some serranos and poblanos in my garden to pick), tomatoes (also from garden) & avocado. That will wrap up day 30 for me. I survived my 2nd whole30!

Same as I have for 30 days!! Loving the way I feel and the food. Stevia is a good question.... My tea (herbal) still doesn't taste yummy without some kind of sweetener, but it's summer and water is the liquid of choice anyway. No desire for wheat/gluten. Saw pictures of GAPS/grain free treats and they just didn't appeal. Cool! Going to a friends wedding on the 18th and might have a piece of cake.... Or not. Whole 45 here we go, 2 weeks is an easy addition at this point!

Archived