Nursing - Day 3 Supply Drop

Hello! I am on day 3 of the Whole 30 and I've noticed a significant decrease in output in my pumping supply today. The last session I just did, I usually pump 4 oz and I only got 1.5 oz. When I've tried to restrict what I was eating before it has made a negative impact on my supply. I was hoping doing this program would be different. 

So far, I've tried to make sure I drink a lot of water, it's 12 pm and I've had at least 40 oz of water so far. For breakfast, I had two eggs fried in ghee, 2 roasted chicken thighs and a sweet potato. I also drank a can of coconut milk since I read that should help my supply. I was hungry around snack time so I had a banana and almond butter. For lunch I have brought chili, spaghetti squash,  roasted brussel sprouts and half a sweet potato. 

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I do not have a freezer stash, so it is imperative that I pump enough daily to feed my 8 month old so. At this point, I really do not want to have to supplement with formula because of this program. 

Thank you!

You need AT LEAST four FULL meals per day, plus that can of coconut milk. This plan is NOT about restricting. We want you to eat!

1. 1-2 palms of protein (aim for two at least)

2. 1-2 OR MORE thumbs of fat (aim for OR MORE)

3. 2-4 cups of veggies (aim for 4 at least)

Do that four times a day, at least, more if you need more. Eat, eat, eat. Then eat some more. No snacking. Meals. And keep that can of coconut milk handy. No restricting. Eat.

Archived