Rissee's Log

Rissee

I'm just going to log my feeeeeelings here as I don't think I'll be able to log my meals consistently. I'm starting April 20th. I'm excited. This will technically be my third attempt. I am better prepared now and more determined. I'm also nursing a very adorable 4 month old boy and I'll be trying to keep my milk supply up.

I wanted to start this log tonight so I could look back on it if I start feeling discouraged. I drank a couple glasses of wine at a family get together and now I feel like crap and can't sleep! I'm sure I'll miss my wine for the next 30 days but I won't miss this! I need to remember this feeling. Alcohol makes me feel like crap.

I got on the scale this morning. 150, which is a lot for my height, 5'4" but I haven't gained any since being off plan for about a week and this is the lowest my weight has been since becoming pregnant with my first son. So I'm pleased. I want to do measurements later, maybe after bed time and then I will not step on the scale or measure again until my days are up!

Another exciting thing is that my wedding band no longer fits. I had to switch it to my right hand and out on my spare ring that used to give my finger a muffin top. So excited for this journey!

Ok! Day 1 in the books. I feel good to be back in the program.

Every time I go in the kitchen I have the inclination to jam something in my mouth. And I used to do just that. Now I think about it. Am I really hungry? Hungry enough to eat a template meal? Usually the answer is no.

I also stick up in my la croix today. Love that stuff.

I edit my food log throughout the day as I feel like adding food or thoughts. Love this feature. At the bottom of each post you should see the word "edit". Along with report, multiquote and quote. The word "edit" appears to be dimmed, but you can still select it. Hope that helps!

Congrats on new baby!

So today went well. I was kinda crabby and had a bit of a headache. Not sure what's the whole 30 experience and what's just me, chasing a nearly 2 year old and caring for a 4 month old. Sweet potatoes helped. Haha. When in doubt, eat sweet potatoes.

I'm having a hard time posting tonight. I type and then something goes wrong. Ugh.

We had a good day today. All the usual chores and errands plus some fun at the forest preserve. I feel good, a little tired. Hoping the babe sleeps well tonight so I can too.

Im tired today. I think I ate 4-5 smaller meals today because I was dragging and feeling funny. I was short tempered today. I hate that. I took the boys on 2 walks though and let the big boy play at the park both in the morning and in the evening.

Drinking lots of water, and my la croix. Kinda craving something sweet but not giving in.

Day 5 I think. Yes. A good day for food but another hard day with my boys. I'm short tempered sometimes and they just need such different things right now. I took them both to the gym and my big boy loves that. The little one sleeps most of the time. Then home, lunch, books, naps. Then my big boy "helps" me chop veggies and we do a little cooking before going outside to play. Maybe I'm beating myself up too much, but I need some patience. I hope maybe this whole 30 will help. I don't know how but maybe I'll mellow out.

Tomorrow we shop!

Okay. Day 6 and 7 in the bag. I'm feeling better. Food is good and coming naturally. I think almonds make me nauseous. Which is sad. I'm working on my parenting, which is not what this is about necessarily, but in a way, it all goes hand in hand. Being gentler and kinder to ourselves, and those around us. Learning and growing as people. Maybe I'm getting too personal in my log. LOL

Day 8 & 9. Things are going really well. I'm feeling great. Been working out, running, playing with my boys, getting out to the park, getting some sunshine! I've been more patient the past 2 days. Less yelling, more laughing. I'm enjoying my food and really feeling fantastic. I'm really feeling positive. I don't feel as anxious.

Day 10. Even though the baby was up at 5 am and we didn't get back to sleep, I feel really frickin' good. I took both boys to the park at 8 am (just worked out like that) and I did the monkey bars and ran all around with my big boy. He thinks it's hilarious when I run and do the playground equipment. I do t feel like the same woman. I feel energetic, happy... I feel like the joy has been infused back into my life. My big boy is reaping the benefits. I play with him. I haven't snapped at him in a few days. I'm working on me and it seems to be helping us.

Day 11. Really feeling great. I'm very positive and pretty happy. My mother has been here the past 2 days to help me as I had doctor and dentist appointments. That was nice. Thoroughly enjoyed my "strawberry margarita" flavored toothpaste at the dentist. LOL

Day 12 in the books. Felt good yesterday. Took a long jog with the boys. Today is day 13. We went to the gym right after breakfast. I need to manage my post workout meal better. I think I would have more energy.

Oh dang. Day 15 is over. I had been feeling really blah and tired and had a headache over the weekend but as of this afternoon I'm better. Could be allergies or the weather or maybe I'm not eating enough sweet potatoes. Yeah, that's it. ;)

I feel more relaxed and positive. I'm hitting the gym and walking a lot. Things are going good. Craving a cookie bad!

Day 17. I swear I have more patience. I don't feel like garbage. I'm not napping (although if I could get both boys to sleep for 2 hours at the same time, I just might. lol. I don't wake up in the morning and feel the doom cloud. I didn't realize how much I felt like a strung out drug addict, always looking for my next "hit." Sugar, bread, chocolate, anything. Food, food, food. Eat it all. I feel better than I have in years. And the baby isn't sleeping thru the night. I'm doing great.

Archived