1st Whole 30, May 1

RoseMeg451

Hi Everybody!! We did it! YAY, Congratulations to all!! It has literally taken me until today to figure out how to respond/post from my phone! Last I posted was about feeling a bit light headed. I ultimately went to the dr about that. My blood pressure was too low. I've always run a bit low but it was on the lower end of low. Nothing a little more salt & water couldn't fix! Any way, here is my Whole 30 review:

PROS:

I slept like a baby almost immediately upon starting. I am sleepy at bedtime and I wake up refreshed and ready to go. BUT I only slept 8-9 hours the first 3 or 4 nights. Since then I get a solid 7 hours and that's it. I wake up but I FEEL like I slept 9 hours so I'll take it.

I have not taken ANY allergy medicine at all since April 30th. Only 2 days, one of which was just last week, did I even feel the slightest but symptomatic. I had been for a long walk in a wooded area and I got that tingle in the back of my throat that normally signals an on coming itching/sneezing attack. It didn't happen. No congestion. No runny nose. No itchy, watery eyes. Nothing.

My skin is literally glowing. I've never had a skin condition and nice skin runs in my family but my normally "nice" skin is radiant if I may say so myself.

I have had ONE hot flash in the past 30 days and can we talk about sex here? I don't want to offend anyone but my husband (who only ate Whole 30 dinners w/me) thinks Whole30 is the best thing since sliced bread. That's probably all I should say about that.

AND I lost 12 pounds. That is crazy to me. I've been trying to lose the same 10-20 pounds for nearly as many years. My clothes fit... ALL of them. It is mind boggling that I'm eating more food and specifically more fat than I ever have and I'm losing weight. I could weep.

CONS:

I missed having a cocktail/glass of wine. I'm having one tonight. I miss cheese. That will be the next thing I reintroduce. If that works out I could make this a Whole Rest of My Life. I can't think of anything else that tastes as good to me as I feel right now. I honestly didn't even know I didn't feel good until I started feeling great.

The only other thing is that I never got to a place where I had my usual energy for my workouts. I could get through them but not with the same vigor. I felt like I was dragging myself along. I'm sure wine & cheese won't help that!

I can't scroll up to see your name, but girl in the pics, you look great! I can't wait to hear from the rest of you.

God bless!

Hi Everybody!! We did it! YAY, Congratulations to all!! It has literally taken me until today to figure out how to respond/post from my phone! Last I posted was about feeling a bit light headed. I ultimately went to the dr about that. My blood pressure was too low. I've always run a bit low but it was on the lower end of low. Nothing a little more salt & water couldn't fix! Any way, here is my Whole 30 review:

PROS:

I slept like a baby almost immediately upon starting. I am sleepy at bedtime and I wake up refreshed and ready to go. BUT I only slept 8-9 hours the first 3 or 4 nights. Since then I get a solid 7 hours and that's it. I wake up but I FEEL like I slept 9 hours so I'll take it.

I have not taken ANY allergy medicine at all since April 30th. Only 2 days, one of which was just last week, did I even feel the slightest but symptomatic. I had been for a long walk in a wooded area and I got that tingle in the back of my throat that normally signals an on coming itching/sneezing attack. It didn't happen. No congestion. No runny nose. No itchy, watery eyes. Nothing.

My skin is literally glowing. I've never had a skin condition and nice skin runs in my family but my normally "nice" skin is radiant if I may say so myself.

I have had ONE hot flash in the past 30 days and can we talk about sex here? I don't want to offend anyone but my husband (who only ate Whole 30 dinners w/me) thinks Whole30 is the best thing since sliced bread. That's probably all I should say about that.

AND I lost 12 pounds. That is crazy to me. I've been trying to lose the same 10-20 pounds for nearly as many years. My clothes fit... ALL of them. It is mind boggling that I'm eating more food and specifically more fat than I ever have and I'm losing weight. I could weep.

CONS:

I missed having a cocktail/glass of wine. I'm having one tonight. I miss cheese. That will be the next thing I reintroduce. If that works out I could make this a Whole Rest of My Life. I can't think of anything else that tastes as good to me as I feel right now. I honestly didn't even know I didn't feel good until I started feeling great.

The only other thing is that I never got to a place where I had my usual energy for my workouts. I could get through them but not with the same vigor. I felt like I was dragging myself along. I'm sure wine & cheese won't help that!

I can't scroll up to see your name, but girl in the pics, you look great! I can't wait to hear from the rest of you.

God bless!

Thank you!

Archived