Start date 4-26

Lorilou

I started knowing it would be a sink or swim at my own control. I have had no thyroid for the last 2 years

and have tried every fad diet on the market, even doctor supervised diet pills. I have managed to go from 225 lbs up to 264 lbs putting my body through all the yo yo dieting fads. My body hurts constantly and I have hopped from doctor to doctor trying to feel better ( get some kind of magic pill ) with no luck. When I

came across The Whole 30 something clicked and it made so much sense to me. So here I am on day 3 :) still feeling optimistic and lighter ! I had given up Dr Pepper and most caffine last year so I am praying I can bypass the headaches that some people are having. I know I am responsible for my own health and the junk I was eating was poisoning my body. Yes its hard to gain control ! I almost cried yesterday when I handed over a huge bag of M & M's from my desk to a fellow employee. My life is good and now I will make my body good too !

Thank you Whole 30 !!!!

Lorilou

Lorilou,

I started 4/27 so I am on day 2!  I feel the same way as you......yo-yoing through life hoping a diet would stick.  I also have no thyroid and take medication for it every day.  I have gone from 200 lbs to 265 lbs in the last few years.   I have decided I am tired of all the crap I am putting myself through and that it is time for a real change.  A lifestyle change.  

I have a beautiful 9 year old son and wonderful husband who loves me no matter what I look like.  But I want to be able to run in the yard and play with them. Maybe since we started at the same time we can buddy up and motivate each other through this?  What do you think?  We can do it!  We owe it to ourselves to be the best we can be!!!!!!

Wishing you the best-

Rachelle

I am 2 days behind you Lorilou and 1 behind you Rachelle because I started today.  I have been planning this and researching for some time.  I have my thyroid but it is very inactive and am also on medication for it.  I too feel like crap all the time and am very tired due to either the thyroid inactivity or the medication.  I have never done Whole30 but have been on every diet and they just do not work.  I have been on Weight Watchers more times than I can count and am just tired of putting all of the processed foods in my body.  I know that this will be the time that works for me and I am sure it will for you too.  Like they say, this is not hard, beating cancer is hard...having a baby is hard.  We can do this.

Rachelle,

Sounds like we are in the same boat !! I am sure I'm a bit older since I have grandkids your sons age lol :lol:  

I really struggle to keep up with them. I am 54 but my body feels 70 and of course my brain thinks i'm 30. I am

curious about your thyroid issues ?? I had radioactive iodine done over 2 years ago and was struggling with

my weight before that. I had been on meds for several years and went for a second opinion which led me to

the treatment that destroyed my thyroid. My addiction to junk food I am sure came from not ever feeling "well".

When I felt bad I ate, and when I felt better I ate some more. I know this plan will work for us !! Let me know

how it goes for day 2. I am still on track half way through day 3 !

Chin up buttercup :D

Lorilou

Well it's day 4 and I haven't hurt anyone yet !!! I have managed to stay on track. Even went to the grocery store after work last night and made good choices. Went home and baked sweet potato stacks to get me through the rest of the weeks lunches. I am so thankful I gave up Dr Pepper before I started this. I have to confess I went against the rules and weighed this morning, I had to , I felt lighter  

I know a lot of it is junk being flushed from my body, I drink a LOT of water. I am down 7 lbs !!! This makes me want to work even harder to stay on the plan. I am having horrible leg cramps so my nights have been restless and I feel lazy still. Hopefully that will change soon.

How are you girls doing today ??

Lorilou

I started on the 26th too!  I was considering starting and after I realized my breakfast was compliant I headed to the grocery to stock up for the week! :)  I'm blogging about my experience and set up a Facebook page for easy following.  One of my goals was to start journaling this year, so I'm hoping it evolves past The Whole30!  Good luck everyone!

Archived