Achy legs

I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this post or not, but it seemed the MOST appropriate.

My legs have been incredibly achey for three days now. I'm on day 4 of Whole30...no cheating.

The week before I started I began breaking in a new pair of orthotics for a very arthritic right foot (2nd metatarsal and big toe are very arthritic, bone spurs, the whole 9 yards (ha ha, no pun intended))

....I have no idea what is happening, if it's because of those, or because of my diet, but my god it is driving me insane. They ache like the muscles aches one might get if dehydrated, but there's no way, I'm very good about water.

Any ideas?

Thanks,Marie

Hi Suzy, It is all over! From my ankles right up to my hips. As I have moved through this day, I think it's got to be related to my feet...I have felt pretty good while gardening, stacking wood, working in the compost pile, mowing grass etc....now that I'm on the couch again, the ache is back..... Ugh. Feels miserable.

Well, they call carb flu "carb flu" for a reason, body aches can be part of it.

But also, make sure you are getting enough salt. If you made a pretty big dietary change from standard diet to this, you can suddenly be short on salt. It feels very much like being dehydrated. Add a magnesium supplement, like Natural Calm, too. I was having a lot of body aches and pains during my first Whole 30. I read about the salt issue here, added the Mg, started putting salt on everything, and started using that "Lite" salt that has both sodium and potassium -- and I felt much better pretty much instantly.

Archived