Whole30 Day One

Linda 1217

I kept putting off going to the grocery store because I knew once I went it was game on. I could not fail (these very important, for my well being) 30 days.

Day one went relatively smooth. Did not enjoy so much time preparing meals. Lots of slicing and dicing. But everything I made, which was in their second book, Day One receipes were so tasty and actually easy to make.

My biggest triumphs for this first day are having breakfast and lunch. Most days I just have a dinner meal and snack and graze the day before dinner. No creamer in my coffee which wasn't as big a deal as I expected. Anyone else out there just started their journey of Whole 30.

Congragulations on your first sucessfull day. I am starting today, I work nights and worked last night. I did my grocery shopping yesterday and plan to do food prep today after I sleep a bit.  This is my first time, I pray this will be the answer to my health problems, fatique and pain.  Can't wait to get some energy back.

I hope can encourage each other through this important journey!

I started on Monday so today is my 3rd day. So far so good! I've already made several of the recipes from the new Whole30 book and all of them have been good. Yeah, and black coffee isn't bad. I've been trying to do it for a few week before I officially started my W30, and I've found that I actually prefer it black now!

Let's keep it up!

I tried to make the mayo with my blendtec blender, ended up putting that in the trash, tried again with my cheapo immersion blender, I now have some perfect Whole30 compliant mayo. I have steamed some cabbage, kale and butternut squash, cooked some ground beef and made some cole slaw. Also made some beautiful ghee.  Not too bad after working all night last night. I did get a bit of a nap this morning, I'm sure my prep time with will faster. Sure hope so. My feet are killing me and I did not get everything done that I had planned. Working 10a to 10p tomorrow so will do more on Friday. My husband will not try this so I am unable to clear the house of all the tempting foods, but he is good about not having the things that trip me the most.  I had hot tea this morning, I just cant do coffee with sweatner of some type., mixed some tazo wild orange with some black tea and it is very good. Sorry to be rambling but I seen to get some enouragement from sharing with others who are starting this journey.  Looking forward to getting to know ya'll as we get stronger and healthier togather.....

Hi,

I started yesterday so I am about to complete a successful Day 2! Have been having the Hearty Spinach Beef Frittata from Stupideasypaleo.com with half and avocado for breakfast and it is delish. I look forward to eating it. Lunch has been chicken and either broccoli, cauliflower or yellow squash, tomatoes and yellow bell pepper in evoo. I was at my sister's so I didn't have my coconut oil...otherwise I would have used that. I wasn't sure if I would like it since I hate coconut flavor but I love cooking with it. Tomorrow will be more prep for the rest of my work week. Looking forward to trying some new things. Feeling good so far, hope everyone else is too!

Archived