Week One and Done

correra

Week one is done and was a success. I had some delicious meals and by the end of Day 2 saw a significant decrease in my belly bloat. I had a couple of days of lightheadedness, headache and general malaise that I thought were sugar withdrawals that I quickly learned were a need for more food. Huzzah! If I've lost any weight, it's probably 2 parts no refined carbs, one part all the bloody dishes I do to keep up with this food prep. But so far, so good. We'll see how week two goes, with it's birthday parties and barbecues.  

Hi correra!  Good for you!  You mention the food prep.  That's something we all struggle with at first, I think!  There have been a couple of good threads about it in the last few weeks -- if you do a search on "food prep" you'll probably find plenty.  My suggestion:  Buy some things already chopped.  Cabbage, for example.

And use your food processor if you have one!  I resist this, but it really does help.  Also, frozen veggies are a great way to speed things up.  Particularly useful for soups and baked egg stuff where you're going to be changing the consistency anyway.

Also, cook in far larger batches than you're used to.  Without the "filler" foods (dairy, grains, beans), you'll need far more of main dishes than you would have thought possible.

ThyPeace, eats an entire fajitas order in one sitting.

I noticed the same thing about dishes.  I do have a dishwasher and used to only need to run it once a week if I didn't have company.  I usually wash the big things (pots and large bowls) by hand and even doing that, my dishwasher is filling fast.  Not that it is a big deal - just an observation.  I prepped some add-ins and my breakfast egg muffins last night after making dinner and washed the pans and grill and actifry...

Archived