Whole40 for my 40th year - 40 is not being kind to me!

Amy

Day 15 - Halfway there!  Survived not eating any of the treats the niece had around all weekend.  Also survived the Father's Day cookout.  It was at my house, so that made it easier.  I avoided chips, cupcakes, hot dogs and buns.  I sent all of the left over food home with people so it wasn't left in my house.

Good day.  Sleepy earlier, but only because I have my 6 year old niece this weekend and I don't sleep as well with her here.  Took a nap and feel better tonight. Not very hungry today. Still kind of over cooking right now. Two weeks down!

Day 15 Food Diary:

PreWO: Hard boiled egg
Workout: Insanity Plyo
PostWO: spaghetti squash, tomato sauce with ground bison
Breakfast - veggie omelet, sausage, cream kale, blueberries
Lunch - hamburger, yellow bell pepper, baba ganoush, green beans and ghee, half avocado 
Dinner - pork chop, mashed cauliflower and ghee, orange

Less hungry the past few days. But my body has felt stiff and it's hard to get moving, physically. I'm going to sleep really fast and sleeping really deep, but it's hard to get up in the morning. I decided after this week of Insanity to do a recovery week then switch to something different. Maybe walking and weights.

At least I'm in the second half now! It's all downhill from here.

Day 16 Food Diary:

Breakfast: sausage, half sweet potato and ghee, blueberries

Snack - half a Primal Pac

Lunch: pork chop, mashed cauliflower and ghee, green beans and ghee

PreWO - hard boiled egg

Workout - Insanity Pure Cardio

PostWO - spaghetti squash, tomato sauce with bison

Dinner: hamburger, mayo, bell pepper with baba ganoush, zucchini

Lots of water and tea

I'm finally starting to feel less sleepy and definitely feeling less hungry throughout the day.  I'm getting a little burned out on vegetables so I need to look for some different recipes to get me through these last few weeks.  I'm also tired of cooking so I've been enjoying the bell peppers with the eggplant hummus I made and oranges.  My diet Dew cravings are going away finally.  I am looking forward to some wine, though.  Cooking food for the week while listening to the radio and drinking wine is such a nice way to spend the evening.  

Day 17 Food Diary:

Breakfast: sausage, veggie omelet, blueberries 
Lunch: chicken salad, zucchini, asparagus with ghee 
PreWO - shredded chicken, half avocado
Workout - Insanity Max recovery (only 25 of the 45 minutes.  Wasn't feeling into it)
Dinner: steak, mashed cauliflower with ghee, orange

Lots of water and tea 

Not a lot of extra energy today, but also not as sleepy as some days. I'm sleeping pretty well. Today was my last really hard Insanity workout. Tomorrow I have a light cardio, then rest days then a recovery week of the light cardio six days in a row. After that I'm going to change things up and try to give up the 'chronic cardio'. I'm going to try walking, a few days of weights and a few days with tabata sprints.

Not missing the diet Dews or smoking. I am looking forward to a glass of wine. Including reintro, I'm almost halfway through! I'm not craving foods I can't have, just tired of working so hard to avoid all the hidden ingredients and being worried about being caught out without my own food.

I'm looking forward to my workout recovery week. I definitely think I need to change things up with my physical activity.

Day 18 Food Diary:

Breakfast: crab cakes with remoulade sauce, sweet potato and ghee, blueberries

Lunch - tuna and avocado salad with oil and vinegar

Workout - Insanity Core Cardio and Balance

Dinner - spaghetti squash, tomato sauce with bison and broccoli

Lots of water and tea

I've been sleepy today, but not hungry. Had to decline amazing blueberry cupcakes a coworker made and they are always the best. Tomorrow is a team building event at Dave and Busters and lunch is a buffet of nachos, pizza bites, burger bar and field greens. I'll be eating my own lunch before I get there

Day 19 Food Diary:

Breakfast: veggie omelet, sausage, cream kale, blueberries

Lunch - seared ahi, zucchini, asparagus, half avocado

Dinner - spaghetti squash, tomato sauce with bison and broccoli, bell pepper with baba ghanoush

Today I survived a meeting with no less than 6 packages of Oreos. And a team building event with a buffet of nachos, hamburgers and pizza bites. And where we could buy beer.

Glad to be on day 20 - two thirds down! Ten days to go! Just a week from Monday!

I hope to do one last big batch of cooking for awhile this weekend. I won't cook enough for ten days, but to get me mostly through the week. I need to cook some new recipes to stave off boredom.

I'm still not feeling an increase in energy. But my stomach feels good. And my skin is looking good. I'm not hungry at all between meals. I'm passing up temptations much more easily.

Day 20 Food Diary:

Breakfast: crab cakes with remoulade sauce, cream kale, blueberries

Lunch - chicken salad, orange, baba ghanoush and bell peppers

Dinner - pork chop, asparagus w ghee, sweet potato w ghee, half avocado

I woke this morning with a lot of energy and in a really good mood. It didn't last all day, but I think it's a good start. I'm a lot less hungry and wasn't able to finish all my dinner.

Day 21 Food Diary:

Post workout - chicken, half sweet potato

Breakfast: veggie omelet, sausage, cream kale, blueberries

Lunch - steak, zucchini, bell pepper with baba ghanoush, half avocado

Dinner - seared ahi, asparagus, orange

Nothing really special today.  Not very hungry. I'm getting kind of tired of food.  I'm not craving any of the old stuff, though. I'm feeling a lot lighter.   

Day 22 Food Diary:

PreWO - chicken, spoonful of coconut butter
Breakfast: crab cakes with sauce, half sweet potato with ghee, half avocado, blueberries 
Lunch - steak, asparagus w ghee, bell pepper with baba ghanoush
Dinner -  chicken patty, butternut squash risotto, orange 

One week to go! I'm getting lazy with my meals,mouth they're compliant and follow the template. I'm just not being very creative with them or putting in much effort. Still feeling full most of the day and sleeping well.

Day 23 Food Diary:

Breakfast: veggie omelet, sausage, kale, blueberries

Lunch - chicken patty and mustard, asparagus w ghee, butternut squash

PreWO - half avocado, beef roast

Dinner - beef roast, carrots, bell pepper with baba ghanoush

Another uneventful day. I think I'm just settled into the routine now. I need to do some food prep. I'm going to run out soon and not have a compliant lunch ready.

Day 24 Food Diary:

Breakfast - crab cakes w sauce, cream kale, blueberries, half avocado

Lunch - two chicken patties, butternut squash, orange, macadamia nuts

PreWO meal - roast beef, coconut butter

Workout - insanity Core Cardio and Balance

Dinner - roast beef, carrots and onions

Successfully went out to lunch today with coworkers. They just happened to pick a place that serves local, grass fed burgers. I think after Whole30, I'm going to continue using guacamole as salad dressing. It's really good.

I'm off work till Monday, then Monday is my last day till reintro. I'm also getting ready to change up my workouts after tomorrow. Going to try to avoid a plateau.

Day 25 Food Diary:

Breakfast: veggie omelet, kale, blueberries

Lunch - bunless burger with salad toppings and guacamole, side salad with guacamole

Dinner - beef roast, carrots, bell pepper with baba ghanoush, half avocado

Five more days!!

Not really hungry today. I woke up with some small stomach problems,which I haven't had in weeks.  I assume it's whatever oil my burger was cooked in yesterday.  I'm still tired of cooked food.  Wishing I had started this earlier so I would be finished by 4th of July.  But after the long weekend is over, I will be finished.  My scale is at work, so I'm looking forward to bringing it home Monday so I can weigh myself Tuesday.  

I finished my last day of Insanity today.  Tomorrow is my rest day, then I need to get together a new exercise plan.  I'm thinking walking with some weights and tabata sprints.

Day 26 Food Diary:

PreWO - chicken patty, spoonful of coconut butter

Breakfast: veggie omelet, sausage, kale, blueberries 
Lunch - roast beef, carrots, salad with guacamole 
Dinner - chicken patty, orange, half avocado 

I didn't want dinner at all, but figured I should.

I was a little hungrier today.  I've also been feeling bloated and heavy today.  That's been disappointing.  Food planning is just second nature by now.  Following the template and finding something compliant to eat.  I think I can keep this up 90% for awhile.

Basically just the weekend left now!  Gotta get some dairy Monday for reinto Tuesday :)

Day 27 Food Diary:

Breakfast: veggie omelet, sausage, blueberries 
Lunch - tilapia, butternut squash, salad with guacamole 
Dinner - strip steak, sweet potato w ghee, bell pepper with baba ghanoush

Almost there!

Day 28 Food Diary

Breakfast - veggie omelet, creamed kale, blueberries, sausage

Lunch - chicken patty, butternut squash, oranges hakf avocado

Exercise - walked one hour

Dinner - steak, green beans, salad w guacamole dressing

I am so tired of cooking. I was so tempted to get dinner out but I couldn't think of anything compliant and I didn't feel like getting out. I am also really looking forward to having a drink.

I ended my Insanity workout so I'm still trying to figure out a new routine.

I'm going to introduce dairy first. I, not too worried about sugar. I still plan on eating very little processed food so I don't think it should be a problem.

Day 29 Food Diary -

Breakfast - veggie omelet, sausage, blueberries, cream kale

Lunch - tilapia, bell pepper w baba ghanoush, carrots, macadamia nuts

Dinner - sweet potato w ghee

I did it! I can't believe how tempted I was to cheat the last few days. I don't know if it was because it was the weekend or the Fourth, but I stayed strong. Now to start the reintro tomorrow. I bought cottage cheese, a small grass fed banana mango yogurt, and a small ice cream. I was good and didn't buy the whole pint of Ben n Jerrys. Which I was originally going to do.

Hope I can keep on a good track for awhile and not go crazy!

30 Food Diary

Breakfast - veggie omelet, creamed kale, blueberries, sausage

Lunch - tilapia, green beans, carrots, macadamia nuts

Snack - larabar

Exercise - walked one hour

Dinner - Hamburger, mashed cauliflower w ghee, salad w guacamole dressing

So I ended up with total 12 pounds weight loss over the Whole30.  People are telling me I look thinner, so that's awesome.

I started my reintro today with dairy.  I'm struggling with replacing Insanity as my exercise on days I don't just walk, but I'll keep working on that.

I bought a small container of ice cream but ended up not eating it after dinner.  I was looking at the label and with the sugar and the wheat and the soybean oil, I just decided I didn't want to open that door yet.

No terrible effects from dairy yet.  I'll probably know better by the time I wake up tomorrow.

Day 1 Reintro Diary:

Breakfast - veggie omelet, blueberries, cream kale, sausage, grass fed banana mango yogurt

Lunch - hamburger with Helmann's mayo (mayo was NOT good), green beans, orange, grass fed cottage cheese

"Snack" - one piece Dove chocolate mint 

Exercise - tababa sprints and a few strength exercises

Dinner - pork chop, bell pepper with baba ghanoush, salad with guacamole, cottage cheese

Back to being compliant tomorrow!

Archived