Starting 7/20/15

kerkenat

I know July 20 is awhile off, but I've got my reasons.

Please let me explain.

First, I'm kinda already on it. I have been off processed food and eating paleo for about a month now, and I've already lost a lot of weight (more than even I can believe) but the scale doesn't lie. On April 27, I weighed 315 lbs!

Now in June I'm down to around 265.

But I'm going on the Whole30 now, and so far I've recruited 2 of my 3 daughters, both parents, my niece, and possibly my wife and the 3rd daughter. We're all gonna do it together, and support each other.

My main issues, before going paleo in April, were weight, difficulty sleeping, low self esteem, mental fogginess, and several other things.

My mom is pretty healthy, but she's getting involved to help my dad, who has weight issues, lethargy, clear thinking issues, and a very noticeable neurological 'shaking' of his hands. (and unfortunately, debilitating because he didn't seem to be willing to look further for a solution, until he agreed to try this program) 

Doctors couldn't tell him what it was, but they prescribed him something, but it doesn't do much good.

Anyway, I got their hopes up, and begged them to try this program, and see if cleaning up his 'diet' would make a difference.

My niece has been diagnosed with celiacs disease, which I'm sure is related to poor diet, and the rest of my ladies all just need to get off the junk food and onto the healthy food, and start experiencing the myriad benefits that come from a clean healthy diet.

But were starting 7/20 due to foreign travel issues.

They might or might not be signing into this forum individually along they way. They are all reading "It Starts With Food".

Kent from Minnesota

Found you!

Well I hope all is going well for you

Things will look up soon

Yeah! June 20

Good luck

Please make sure you post your meals in the Community section too under your Whole 30 log then you'll have a real good reference point to check back on

Please print the shopping /grocery lists W30 under Resources They helped me tremendously

If it's not there its noncompliant

Keep posting in Join the Whole 30 and the Moderators will help with any questions

You are doing okay

Found you!

Well I hope all is going well for you

Things will look up soon

Yeah! June 20

Good luck

We are actually starting July 20, because my eldest is going to Paris to visit her in-laws, so were all going to wait for her to return before we start.

But we are all reading the book and letting all this new life-altering knowledge sink in, in addition to readying our panties and weaning off sugars, grains, and bad oils.

Thanks for your encouragement. I'll take all I can get, but so far I don't seem to be struggling or craving much.

Archived