Day 17-18 success/brag :-)

MrsMcG

Just have to share because I was so proud of myself. Friday and Saturday were days 17 and 18 of my Whole30 and presented the first real challenge to staying on plan.

On Friday evening my husband's friends from college stayed overnight with us, and they were all eating pizza and drinking beer - two of my weaknesses!!!! Did not give in to temptation and had my bunless burger and veggies while they inhaled the pizza.

Saturday evening we went to a housewarming party and were there for about five hours. I planned ahead and ate a late lunch so I wouldn't be hungry during the party, took a bottle of sparkling water with me, and again stayed strong, resisting all of the delicious-looking treats and more impressively, all the booze.

These were huge victories for me because I am SUCH a social drinker. I have a little bit of social anxiety and can be awkward at times so having a glass or two of wine or a few beers is always necessary when I'm in a social situation. So I was EXTREMELY proud of myself for resisting two nights in a row! Yay!

Today is day 20. Almost into the single-digit countdown to the completion of my first (but not last!) Whole30!!

Guest Andria

Congratulations, that was quite an achievement!  How was your social anxiety during the party? Some people find their anxiety levels decline on a Whole30, just wondering if you could report the same?

Thank you! Yes, my anxiety was actually pretty low both nights, which makes me happy! I've done a lot of work in therapy on my anxiety and have been off my anxiety meds for quite some time, but it's always lurking in the background waiting to catch me when I least expect it, so the fact that I felt okay both nights was a big accomplishment!

Day 21 today! Into the single digit countdown!

Archived