Starting July 7th

b_joy

A friend introduced this program to me and inspired me to join. I have not been eating well at all in the last month or so and feeling pretty crappy because of it. I am starting this July 7th and am excited but extremely nervous as well. I could use any advice, help, and support anyone can give. Thanks so much and hope to survive this "journey" and feel better then ever after 30 days. (Oh and here's hoping the crabbiness doesn't last too long.)

Me too!!!  I am going to start tomorrow.  Maybe it will be lucky number 7? I had back surgery a year ago last month and I have put on some weight that will not budge.  I am 45 years old and I have four kiddos (ages 8-15).  Not only do I want to lose weight for cosmetic reasons, but I would really like some more energy, focus and less negitive feelings about myself.  Would love to find some friends to support me in the next 30 days - I think it is going to be rough ;-)

I'm starting today, along with my 14- and 15-year-old sons who begged to "change our diet" over the summer.  We're pulling along my dad, who is coming at this from a history of reading "Wheat Belly" and being thoroughly convicted. It didn't take much prompting to convince my brother and sister-in-law, who are mostly-paleo, to do a reset along side us.  We then ganged up on my sister, who has decided to throw her lot in with us!  Now, if we can only get my biscuit-lovin', belly-crampin' mom to come along...  I'm convinced she'll see how well things are going for everyone, even spread across three states from California to Alabama, and join us - eventually.

The boys and I started looking for alternatives to our go-to drink two weeks ago - true, southern sweet tea.  We have settled on dropping some of our favorite fruits, vegetables and herbs into a big pitcher of water.  So far, cucumber and basil is the front runner, nectarines didn't go over so well, and cherries need more time to flavor water than any of us care to wait.  It was ridiculous to realize I didn't miss my tea all that much and notice a few pounds dropped off while we were "experimenting"!  Anyone have any combinations to suggest?

I was a little sad when I realized I couldn't chew gum over the next month, especially since I'll be trying to be 100% compliant and have quit smoking after far, far too many years.  

One day at a time.  One moment at a time.

Archived