Starting Monday, July 13

Virginia Jen

Hey there!

I've been seriously considering doing a Whole30 for about three months now, and although I'm about halfway through the book, I KNOW the time to start is, well, yesterday. I'm looking for increased energy (less general fatigue), clearer skin, less brain fog and increased mental focus, and generally a little more pep in my step. If I lose a couple pounds, I'd be excited about that too.

I've been afraid to start sooner because I don't feel like I have the full support of my husband at this time and I'm nervous about slipping up on something so minuscule, and then having to start all over! He could also benefit from it, but just isn't quite there yet. I thought I'd hop on here to see if anyone was interested in linking up as a sort of accountability partner, maybe with a similar start date. I'd love to pair up along the journey with someone of a similar situation as mine so we can best help each other through the process. I'd be interested in sharing successes, struggles, recipes, food pics, encouragement... We could keep up with each other on Facebook which might be a little bit more accessible. If more than one person is interested, we could start a private FB group.

A little more about me - I'm mid-thirties, married, no children, and I work in public education, so summer is the best time to try my first Whole30, since I'm luckily not working right now! I live in Virginia and just got a new puppy, who has quickly become the light of our lives!!

Good luck on the journey,

Jen

I am starting on Monday as well. Monday is my 49th birthday and I thought it was a good start date. I've been reading and study g the program for about 2 months and I am excited to start. I am on Facebook and would be happy to be an accountability partner with you.

My husband and son are not doing the program with me however they have agreed to try some of the recipes.

A group of us are virtually supporting each other on FB and starting tomorrow (July 13th). Feel free to join the group. It's a closed group but I'm happy to add any who are starting tomorrow and need the support. I know I'll need it.

More about me...I just moved to TX from OR, mama to 4 boys, and I'm just ready to up my energy, vitality, and feel like my best self.

Update: I had so many adds to the group that I've closed it now. I want the group to feel small enough that we each feel connected, held, and accountable. For those still needing a group, I'd highly recommend starting one. Just make a FB group, post the link and you'll have an entire network of support ;)

Hello! Count me in this group> I just sent a FB request to join the FB group as well. I am starting tomorrow, Monday! I just turned 43 yesterday :) I am preparing by making a big batch of turkey chili and coconut chicken curry for the next few days. I am also educating my (live in) boyfriend about ways in which he can support me. Honestly the biggest issue for me will be not smoking or drinking but I feel very ready for the challenge. Oh, also I travel ALOT for work, so that is something to be ready for. 

I have been mostly gluten free and dairy free (for the first time) for about two months. So I have some practice. 

Also, I have had to scale back on red meat consumption due to an iron overload issue. That si an adjustment because I like red meat a lot but I will be veering toward seafood and white meat on this plan. 

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I've done a ton of reading/research and my husband has said that he'll do it with me, but he isn't as invested as I am in it. I'm 30, married and am breastfeeding a 7 month old, which may add a twist to my experience! Excited to be connected to you all!

I'd love to join also! I'm starting tomorrow and just got back from stocking up on everything I need for the week. I'm getting ready to make lunches and totally need some extra support. My boyfriend has been low carb for several months but he's not quite understanding the point of fully cutting out dairy and sugar and adhering to a program. 

About me, I'm 36 and have been feeling about 66 lately. I have a high stress job and my energy is flagging. I really need something to help me feel better physically and sleep better. The dairy I think will be the hardest part for me, followed by sweeteners. I've really had to read labels thoroughly!

Hey everyone,

I actually started today (I know - a Sunday, haha) and I am not hungry at all. I tried last month but wound up having emergency surgery and had to eat what I could get down... which was saltines. But I'm ready to try again!

M1: Sweet potato hash, yummm.

M2: Apple, pineapple, Lara Bar (just not that hungry)

M3: Crockpot beef with roasted cauliflower and broccoli

I have found Pinterest extremely useful in my meal planning, in case anyone hasn't checked that out yet.

Oh! And I just sent a request to the group.

Yay! I just sent a request to join the FB group. Starting tomorrow...so excited. I'm 37, 3 mos sober (tomorrow, so kind of fitting to begin whole30 tomorrow), mom to a 12yo son. I work full-time as an event & project coordinator, and I love to run, workout, etc. Looking forward to this journey with y'all!

Hey all! I did start a group, just minutes before I read that there's already one out there. Sorry, I've been largely offline today, needed the fresh air. I sent a request to join it, so ill just hopefully just stick with that one instead of reinventing the wheel... See you in the group!!

A group of us are virtually supporting each other on FB and starting tomorrow (July 13th).  Feel free to join the group.  It's a closed group but I'm happy to add any who are starting tomorrow and need the support.  I know I'll need it.  

More about me...I just moved to TX from OR, mama to 4 boys, and I'm just ready to up my energy, vitality, and feel like my best self.  

Here's the link if you all are interested....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/930996246943742/

I sent a request to going the group.

Starting today! My family is on board and we are excited to meet this challenge together. We eat a lot of vegetables, fruit and meat already and are looking to cut out dairy. Dairy will be the biggest challenge for us! I sent a request to the facebook group and look forward to supporting one another and sharing recipes.  :)

I am currently living in Germany, have two kids (7 and 10) and a dog who loves to run the trails. My daughter has peanut and tree nut allergies and we all suffer from seasonal pollen allergies. 

Archived