July 21st Start

lunabear54

My name is Alida and I am excited but nervous about starting my whole30 journey in 2 days.  I am a 20 year old college student and I have tried eating paleo for several weeks after an extremely bad semester of eating caused me to be at the heaviest weight I've ever been at. However, I was not extremely committed and went off the wagon several times.  I realized I needed a change and I am hoping that this program and way of eating (and living!) will help my self esteem issues, my mental and physical ailments and help me get my body healthy! 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Alida, 

I'm Jordan - I'm 23 and am starting my second round today as well! I understand that being a younger member, with social pressures to engage in community junk food consumption, are everywhere and it helps to have an accountability partner! Since completing my first round, I've fallen to the sugar dragon again and would like to use this second experience to build on the first to combat my emotional issues with sugar. I looooooved how I felt during / after the first round, it's just a matter of getting started. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need support / have questions and I'll do the same!! :)

I'm also starting on my second Whole30 today! I was pretty successful in April/May, but didn't really follow the reintro very well...and then life got in the way!  

I'm not in my 20s (turned 46 on Sunday!) but look forward to being part of this group. I was pleasantly surprised to see others starting on a Tuesday - I knew I wanted to start this week, but had lunch planned with my colleagues yesterday, and when I was deciding whether to prepare my lunch or get takeout, I decided to go with it on a whim! Fortunately, I have most of the groceries that I need to succeed, so I'm excited.  :)

I started today as well. eeeeeek. hope I can join this forum as well. Tuesday is a weird day to start - but I could only go shopping yesterday and wanted to be sure I actually had food. I'm glad others are starting today too. I'm 42, have a baby and am doing this program with the goal of better sleep. 

I'm starting today too! I'm glad to see others and would love to join y'all in this group :)

My name's Lizzie, I'm 23 and this is technically my fourth Whole30, with a few Whole7's, Whole15's etc in there too. I've never really managed a proper reintroduction (though I've learned a lot each time). 

This time around it's going to be a whole new challenge for me since all of my Whole30ing has been during my time away at university, and now I'm done my degree and home for the summer. I'll be trying to complete my Whole30 without total control of groceries etc. and with tons of non-compliant foods around. So I could definitely use the support!

I started today, too! Have never been on a forum, or a person that makes my decisions public. I've decided to imagine this as my journal that will talk back! :blink: I have done something similar to this before, but my kids were younger and I could be in control of what they ate, too. They are teenagers now and DONE with my healthy ideas. My husband has an alligator's stomach and can digest anything, so he's not interested either. I am on my own and believe I will love that you guys are out there, too.

Here's to all of us!

Of course! Happy to have all the support and encouragement from anyone that's interested. Will this be your first Whole 30 experience?

Yes, first one for me!  I did a "Paleo Challenge" (very similar) a few years ago, but only made it a few weeks.  I want the WHOLE30!!!

It is my first time as well. I've done sort of similar things before - have certainly cut out sugar/wheat/dairy for periods of time. While I have successfully not eaten wheat/dairy for months - I've never been able to go long without sugar. 

Sugar is definitely the hardest part for me as well, particularly when dealing with anxiety/stress (which I know is not a unique story). I would have mauled a small child to devour the ice cream section in the grocery store a few hours ago, but got through it. Hope everyone is having a great first day!!

I started the Whole30 on July 21st as well...just a bit late posting.  Removing sugar is tough!  I have some food allergies/intolerances and haven't been well behaved as of late.  Time to clean up my body!  Good luck to everyone!

okay, everyone...I did it!! finished dinner at 6pm-ish and I am good. I wake at 4am so am heading to bed by 8:30. Hope all is well for this strange, starting on Tuesday group! :) 

I hope tomorrow I don't have that fog they talk about. Regardless, I'm in!

morning, everyone!! So far no fog. I am glad to see others have joined...more stories, more support. The morning "daily" email thing is cool...I hope others are signed up for that, too.  I appreciate their tips and definitely encourage what we are doing here. Have a great Day 2.

well, hangover is an apt description for how I feel. Low-grade hangover. Like I want to lie on the couch and watch bad TV all day. Unfortunately my baby won't allow that, so just getting through the day. Thankfully with this 'hangover' I have no regrets from the night before. so there's that...

IronGirlTrixie - would be helpful to learn from you about what was hard last time. 

I also contra dance a lot which is fun, social and gets my workout time in. Usually, that level of dancing isn't a problem but I didn't have good choices for post workout snacks. I'm working on that this time around. The other thing I noticed from me was my mindset. So I'm also working on changing my mind. Cue Sister Hazel song ;)

well...the fatigue hit me around 2:30pm. Had eaten a good lunch, but got more and more tired. Sorry about the baby running the show, Ramonax, but that will pass so quickly, too! And, yes, the "positive" side is no regrets. :)

I re-read the "time line" and it's lots of water and rest. Hey...at least we're doing this, right? Take care everyone. Will probably be in bed even earlier tonight!!

Archived