First Week in the Bag (almost)!

TSteinbeck

Hi Everyone, 

I started my Whole30 last Sunday, so today marks the end of my first week. I have to say it has been going quite well. I really haven't experienced any actual hunger at all, although my brain told me a few times it would like to have a sweet treat or two, especially in the evening. But I did not cave, I just made sure that I kept myself busy and didn't sit in front of the television like a lump - this really seemed to help.

I have to share two huge successes from yesterday too. The first was when I was at work (I work at a school and I've been helping out cleaning it up to get ready for the next school year), administration purchased a ton of pizza for all of the staff that has been working over the summer. So I went into the room with the pizzas, looked at them longingly, but proceeded to sit down with my Whole30 lunch. I was very surprised to find that I was just fine eating my lunch while others ate the pizza. 

The second success happened later in the afternoon when I took my kids to a bakery near us (they are not willing to start a Whole30 yet). This is a Mexican bakery and you pick up a tray and some tongs and load up your tray with whatever you like and then take it to the register, it's also very inexpensive. So I walked around with the kids as they picked out their treats, but because I wasn't hungry it didn't really bother me. 

I was so happy with both of these success yesterday and my overall success for the week that I just had to share. I hope you all find similar success as you start out. 

Archived