Day 2! Start date August 10, 2015

Laura Lee

Hello all! I am on Day 2 and just figured out how to get on the forum. I am a bit wide eyed and amazed that I am finally to this point. I went to my naturopath, Alicia McCubbins in Port Townsend, WA last week and she recommended Whole30. She ordered a bunch of lab work for me as well to get to the bottom of Candida, high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, arthritis, depression and general malaise. I got sick and tired of being sick and tired and decided it was time.

I am 63 and a sugar addict. That is the one food that will take me down every time. I am also extremely sensitive to wheat and dairy. I have been around the block with many ways to combat these sensitivities, and always come back to one thing. I am great at doing the elimination diets and staying on those, but as soon as I start introducing new foods, I end up back in bingeing mode. I am committed to working on maintenance this time.

I really liked the simple wisdom in the Whole30 book about getting back on the Whole30 (or however many days) after a slip. Duh...that could be the trick for me! In my experience, once I start on sugar, I am a goner for months - eating sugar every day, gaining weight and feeling horrible about myself. It is time for this train to stop. I hope to learn more from the books and from the other folks doing this. Support is critical for me, so I look forward to reading the posts and responding.

Good luck to all! Laura Lee *(*

Hi Laura! I also started yesterday! I'm super gung-ho today, probably because of my freshly stocked pantry and endless recipe printouts....I'm sure my enthusiasm will fade as it usually does with things I commit to (minus my marriage, hahah!!). I decided to do the whole30 as a kickstart to weight loss--I have a huge problem with portion control and really putting appropriate foods on my plate (and not going on an ice cream and beer kick "because I deserve it"). My yo-yo habits combined with hypothyroidism have caused me to put on 25 lbs in the last year and it sucks. I'm hoping to break my unhealthy relationship with food by using whole30 to start me on the right track. Good luck to us both, sounds like we both have our demons and maybe with the support of this page we can accomplish this!!! :)

Archived