Start Date 8/29/2015

cristin1868

Ok so I have not completed a whole 30.  I started getting the Daily 18 days ago but was actually much further along (today was day 28).  The first week was very hard and I felt very bad, sluggish and almost flu- like but after that, wow... so much better.  More energy, sleeping better, better control of my appetite.  My clothes are fitting looser.  Everything that was promised and more. 

I went on and read some of the posts on the site and noticed those coming back after leaving and seeing their stories... of falling off and staying off and then coming back a year later.  I could very easily see that happening to me... I know I need way more than a 30... I could almost see myself eating this way forever or at least 90% of the time.  I knew around day 20 that I would be doing another Whole 30 right after this one... Today at my sales meeting (I am a food rep) I ate some off program items...I really think there is something to the absolutely no cheating thing that helps you stick to the program... and so tomorrow will start back at day one. 

I only made it to 28 days and feel like I could be a little more creative with my cooking and work the food preparation part a little more.  I did not eat grains, dairy, legumes, or sugar but could taste here or there a little sugar in certain items.  I need to make my own dressings this time around. My daughter wants to do it with me so I am going to try and do some research over the weekend on how to modify it for her.   With tomorrow being weekend we will have time to make dressings, go grocery shopping.  I know that I need to be a little more careful this time around.  This last 28 days has taught me a lot and I feel like I will be much more prepared this time.  I have to say I really liked not having to count calories as in the past I started to feel that is all you are looking at, focusing on... I also did not miss weighing in and I also decided I should not do it until I have finished my Whole 30 for real.

I have started exercising more in the last few weeks but getting creative with the cooking and making some of the recipes from the cookbook- I give myself a D- there.  Shooting for a B+ this time.  In this way I am very much still a Newbie :)

Im with u on this. Completed a whole30 on tuesday. Had wine, cheese and gluten everyday after. Feel like crap. I need to eat like I did on whole30 for the rest of my life. My body does not tolerate a lot of non compliant foods. Was goin to start a new one today but didnt. I need to prepare more recipes to give myself variety. I lost 12 lbs doing my #30 and I have a lot more to lose. I dont want to fall back and then come back to it another month, year or whatever. I need to commit again NOW. Not look at it as a whole30 but a whole lifetime. Thanks for your post. U put it in perspective for me and helped me know I am not alone in this. ;)

I had such a terrible headache last night.  But early in day went shopping for all the good stuff- my fridge looks like a farmers market... I am ready to do this all the way with a lot more creative cooking this time.  Like your Whole 30, Whole lifetime attitude Lady!  Lets do this! 

Archived