Eat Well. Live Well. Be Happy.

JaneBerkin

I completed a whole 30 in May I think it was.

It was terrific -- terrifically difficult and terrifically rewarding. The 30 days of complete focus on health was an invaluable time for health-related self-experimentation.

I found that lifestyle plays as big, if not a greater role in my well-being as food. particularly sleep, meal times, water and keeping consistent habits. since then, i've been mainly paleo when i prepare my own meals, not eating processed foods, grains, dairy, or added sugar, but having them in small doses at other meals, particularly alcohol. summer has been especially social, which has made it difficult to stay on track with eating well and lifestyle habits so i'm starting this log to continue keeping track from my whole 30 log (which I let go about 2 weeks ago after about Day 95!).

i still see the positive results to this day, including no more lightheadedness or midday slump, no migraines and smaller things like ridges on my thumbnails are gone, and soft skin. While other chronic issues have still not improved (constipation, getting 8 hours of sleep a night). I hope to keep the former in good standing and continue to resolve the latter. 

so here goes...

this is what i log each day: 

DAY    

M1    

M2    

M3    

Bed    

Up     

Sleep        

Meditation       

Water         

BM         

Slump            

Activity          

NOTES       

DAY 1 POST 30 LOG!

M1 6:00 AM 2 FRIED EGGS + SWEET POTATO HASH

S1  7:00 AM COFFEE

M2    

M3    

Bed        1

Up          5:45

Sleep     meh. up early to work. glad i was able to get out of bed. need longer time to sleep. 

Meditation       

Water         

BM         

Slump            

Activity          

NOTES       

so it turns out there is no more editing of posts. well, here are two edits I wanted to make today: 

1. the other reason i am starting this log is that yesterday was the first day i consciously decided not to have breakfast because i wasn't feeling particularly hungry, and it was also the first time i binged before bed since doing whole30. i ate a giant piece of bread pudding. it was delicious, but my assistant gave it to me, and i was planning to throw it out. so those two troubling things were kinda the trigger for keeping a new log. 

2. finishing today's log. Here it is:

DAY 1 POST 30 LOG!

M1 6:00 AM 2 FRIED EGGS + SWEET POTATO HASH

S1  7:00 AM COFFEE

M2    12:30 spaghetti squash w pesto + pan fried tilapia

S2    pistachios, brownie

M3    8:30 pan fried shrimp + pesto spaghetti squash + mixed greens, tomato, mushroom, olives, EVO + Vinegar

S3    10:00 red grapes

Bed        1

Up          5:45

Sleep     meh. up early to work. glad i was able to get out of bed. need longer time to sleep. 

Meditation       on morning commute, was distracted checked email in the middle

Water         80

BM         no

Slump          4 PM felt bleary eyed from computer screen  

Activity          none

NOTES   too little sleep, was snacky all day. strong cravings in the evening for fruit or nuts or chocolate. bought some grapes. it's 10:30 and still need to get work done. job pressure is helping to dismantle all my good habits. and eroding my sleep. and the two go hand in hand. need to find a way to maintain positive body image and physical activity. 

DAY    Thursday Sept 3

M1    6:00    2 eggs + sweet potato hash + coffee

M2    12:30  burger + 2 packets mayo w Franks + 12 brussel sprouts

S1     3:00    bite of brownie + 2 mints

M3    7:30    burger + 2 ears corn + cabbage + peanuts + pumpkin seeds + dark chocolate + red wine

Bed    12

Up     6

Sleep   okay, but stressed.     

Meditation       morning on train-ish, not deep

Water         90 oz

BM         AM water [cal magnesium, no aloe]

Slump            no

Activity          dance practice tonight

NOTES       another stressful day at work. standing desk time after 4 PM. trying to eat more veggies, less meat and looking forward to a good night's sleep. My leg cramps have been out of control lately. Waking me up all night.

Archived