Roo's first non-crossfit related Whole30 and C25K

Bucket

Tomorrow I start my first non-crossfit related Whole30.  I have completed 3 Whole30s in the past with the support and encouragement of my local box.  However, after falling out of love with crossfit - okay, I never really fell in love with it (just the community and the people) - I have decided it is time to do another Whole 30.  This time I will be pairing it with C25K. I used to really love running, but fell out of love with it, so my hope is to get back to it during this Whole 30 Challenge.

Today was W1D1 C25K and I am determining what I want to eat tonight to say good bye to things like tacos and indian fried rice. 

Day 2 or how I know I am not ready for this.

Yes, this is my 3rd Whole30, but this time I am doing it without the support I am used to having and also with a husband who wants to hear as little about this Whole30 as possible.  He is totally supportive of clean eating, but he is tired of hearing about Whole30 changes and drama and I respect that.  

Well that stuff combined with a crossfunctional lunch today with mole that may have been questionable made me dive off the deep end. So, tomorrow will be Day 1 over again, and I am okay with that.

Also, today I missed me run because of the pouring down rain.  I don't mind light rain, but this was unbearable. Now, of course a few hours later (and after eating) it has cleared up, so I feel like a bit of a loser.

M1

Butternut squash and peruvian ground beef

M2

Mole pork, which turned into some tortillas and rice as they could not confirm the paleo-ness of the mole sauce

M3

off the rails with rice, ground beef, and avocado

Dates

It was not an awful day, but it was not Whole30.  So tomorrow I will start again!!!

You've got this! It's rough when you don't have a ton of support. My spouse is supportive and helpful... but also brought naan and multigrain rolls home this evening. (argh). My coworkers just roll their eyes at me for "not eating anything". It can feel lonely and frustrating when it's just you against a world full of non-compliant "food".

Day 3

M1

Pot roast, arugula, root veggies

M2

salmon, spaghetti squash, sunshine sauce

M3

salmon, sunshine sauce, assorted veggies

W1D3 C25k

Fairly good day.  Fish is not my favorite, so it was HUGE that I ate a bit a salmon at two of my meals.  That said, because of my feelings on fish my protein portion was a bit low for those meals. 

Positively ravenous on D4.

Meals have been all compliant and good so far today, but I might been to up my fat and veggie intake as about 2-3 hours after lunch I was famished.  No amount of water or tea could keep me from an epic bar 

Day 5 and still hungry

Usually I don't get hungry until a few hours after I wake up.  That has changed

M1 - spaghetti squash, sunshine sauce, yellow pepper, epic bar

M2 - arugula, potatoes, pot roast, banana, apple, epic bar (packed little pot roast meat)

M3 - TBD

Woo woo! Good job. :) 

I feel you on the being hungry soon after waking - I used to be able to go hours before getting hungry, but now I'm quite hungry within a half-hour of waking up. However, this may be a sign that your circadian rhythms governing the endocrine system and the release of your hormones might be getting back in sync.

Archived