NancyW's Whole30 Life - Chapter 2

NancyW

I did it, I finished my first Whole30 on September 30. It was the best thing I ever did! And also, while a tough thing to do, it was also one of the easiest. So I'm doing another one, starting October 12. I had a few days of riding my own bike, and I found my head pedaling back to food-crazy territory. Not that I was eating non-compliant food, but my head was in a non-compliant place. I guess you just can't undo that much damage (well over 40 years worth!) of disordered eating in 30 days. So I prescribe another W30!

How will this one be different? Since I've been mostly compliant, the withdrawal effects should certainly be less pronounced! But it's harder to do a thing when it's not "new" anymore. Many things have worked the first time because they were new. I don't want this to become one of those things. I need to figure out how to keep this new, keep this working, for 30 more days, and well beyond. Will be thinking about that as I gear up and get started.

October 13 (Day 1):

After an aborted start yesterday (my own fault, won't let it happen again!), I am on track today.

M1 - Sweet potato sheperds pie (Whole30 cookbook) - this was the best thing I've had since I started my first W30!!! I'll be making it regularly.

M2 - Ground turkey breast w/ Frank's hot sauce & clarified butter over mashed cauliflower with some guac on top

M3 - Large salad with chicken, veggies, walnuts, avocado oil & vinegar dressing

Work was tough today. Besides being crazy-busy, there was a ton of food in the kitchen. I ate none of it! I'm on track and staying that way.

Archived