MiniEla Jan 1-31 Whole30 Log

MiniEla

Slept in until around 8:30/9:00 a.m. - made Tulsi Masala Chai Tea and, eventually, large breakfast/brunch.

Ate 2 eggs fried in coconut oil with chopped dried onions, salt, pepper, onion powder, chopped red bell peppers, and around a 1/2 cup of leftover roast lamb strips; side of chopped tomato with fresh basil; 1 pear; 2 clementines

Ran just over a mile and a half in 30 min, stretched 5 min before and 5 min after

Ate 1 serving Potato-Ginger Soup (2 Tbls coconut oil, 1 sweet potato, 1 small golden potato, 2 small purple potatoes; 1 Tbls fresh ginger; 2 pinches cinnamon; 1 cup coconut milk; salt & pepper -- serves 2)

Plan to eat leftover Shepherd's Pie (homemade with sweet potatoes, lamb, onions, and carrots) for dinner, then head to bed early ... tomorrow will be another full day of cooking & cleaning!

Day 2:

Slept really well, but for longer than I would have liked. Had a dream I dipped my finger into a bowl of chocolate mousse and enjoyed, then realized, "Oh, no! I have to re-start my Whole30!" But then of course it was just a dream! Usually these types of food dreams hit people later on in the month, but I'm sure I'll be having them all the way through.

Meal 1: Leftover Apple-Chicken Hash (I don't remember what else)

Meal 2: Leftover Shepherd's Pie with sweet potatoes, roast lamb, carrots, & onions; side of Green Beans sautéed in coconut oil with red bell pepper strips and chopped sweet onion

Exercised again - another half-hour running, with 5 min. stretching before & after

Meal 3: Potato-Ginger Soup + a couple of blackberries; side of peaches

Archived