Tenabodena's W30 LoggieLoo

Guest tenabodena

Guest tenabodena

Day 1 - Weighed 154, will not weigh again until the end but wanted a "starting point."

Breakfast and Lunch - grilled onions, zucchini and yellow squash with a chunk of GF beef flank steak (cooked carne asada style).

Dinner was broiled chicken breast chopped up and added to veggie clean out the frig style soup - made with organic chicken broth. My veggies that I wanted to use up before they went bad were cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, a few carrots, and green beans. I just had a little of everything so I dumped it all in the pot, let it simmer until everything was tender. Very yummy.

I have enough leftover soup for tomorrow's lunch.

Iced tea, no splenda, that's going to take some getting used too. And water with lemon. I am having Diet Coke withdrawal for sure but I will survive, I am determined.

Iced tea, no splenda, that's going to take some getting used too. And water with lemon. I am having Diet Coke withdrawal for sure but I will survive, I am determined.

Hi Tena, Welcome to the logs. It sounds like you are off to a great start. I know how hard it is to clean out the fridge and cupboards. You should see all the "stuff" I gave away. But I am on day 7 now and doing OK.. the hardest thing I had to give up was not the sugar. It was the Diet Coke.

My Mc Donalds is offering any size soft drink for $1.00. And their store is right on the corner where I have to pass it to go to town.

I am so tempted, especially when I am thirsty.

But if I can do it you can too. Hang in there and we can support each of us.

I like your idea of soup. I have a lot of veggies I need to do something with also. I did make the bone broth and chicken broth so that's the start of a good soup. A week ago when I first started I was so gung ho that I bought all sorts of veggies and now I need to eat them.

Guest tenabodena

Nancy - Nice to meet you! McD's also has their iced tea as part of the $1 drink menu. I wonder if that would be an option? The unsweet version. Surely they can't add crap to tea!!

Here is another recipe I want to tag so that I can find later.....http://everydaypaleo.com/2011/09/17/ok-fine-a-real-enchilada-recipe/

I will probably make these with shrimp since I live on the coast.

Archived