Day 1: Weigh-In

readyforit

Today was the first day in a month that I have weighed myself and also my first day of Whole30. I wanted an idea of where I was starting so that at the end I would know where I ended. I was shocked that I was over 200lbs for the first and last time of my life. To be fair, it was not as if I was marathon training and eating like a health nut I know exactly the type of behavior that has put me in this position. This weigh in was a further push to make the next 30 days extremely successful by focusing on what is going into my body and what I am doing with my spare time. Instead of binge watching Netflix I can go for a run or take a cardio class. Just writing this post and coming to terms with the current state of my health is a step in the right direction...here we go. 

Day 3: I am bouncing off the walls with energy! I am really enjoying the black coffee as well as black espresso, who knew! I feel empowered to eat any fruit, vegetable or protein whenever I want and I can still enjoy social outings like lunch with friends but just being a little more conscious of what I am eating. I sometimes feel like I am eating too much or not enough, the other thing I feel is "this is too easy I must be doing something wrong!" I am also dying to weigh myself but after only 3 days I doubt there will be too much of a difference! 

3 down 27 to go! Thank you so much for your support! 

I'm right there with you, on everything! Weighed myself in on day 1, shocked by the 220 on the scale (ugh!), and today, day 3, I feel amazing. Too amazing, like this is too easy and DYING to weigh myself. But, patience, patience, patinece. Keep it up :)

Day 8: First Weekend 

This was my first weekend on Whole30 and to my surprise it was not as difficult as I thought. It became immediately apparent to me that the healthy food options were always available to me all I had to do was choose them! Even at a birthday party I chose the most healthy options (bypassing all of my favorites) until dessert. When the cake came out I had a very small piece, now I KNOW this was not apart of the plan but it was important that this happened. As I had a bit I realized that I don't like cake, it was the emotional attachment to what the cake meant. 

Win of the weekend: Healthy is always an option and this is more than just a weight loss journey! 

Thank you for the continued support! 

I have to start over. After a long weekend of being snowed in and alone I went back to my old habits and feel terrible. I'm super disappointed with myself because I was doing so well, 14 days strong and all it took was one slip to push me back down to where I started. Day 1, again and hopefully the last time.

I can commiserate with your pain. We started off pretty similarly, extremely excited and without an ounce of "oh this is really hard," until now. I've found that it's been in my second week that all the food cravings and Sugar Dragon has taken over. Though I've managed to keep those at bay and ignore them, it's not easy. So maybe (hopefully) these words of encouragement will aid. In your new journey, think about this moment, how crappy you feel right now, both physically and mentally, how you allowed yourself this one moment of indulgence and the negative repercussions that moment brought, think about how short-lived the pleasure in indulgence was, think about how great all the other and majority of days made you feel: accomplished, powerful, in control, and healthy. Think of this moment as your rock bottom and how you can never, ever, ever, be there again. But most importantly, DO NOT beat yourself up about what happened. It wasn't a moment of failure, it was merely something that needed to happen to make you realize where you are. Even this moment has a silver lining. Accept where you are and trust that you are on the right path. Good luck for round two, but I have a feeling you won't need it ;)

• 1 month later...

Day 30: Today I finished my first Whole30, it was such a wonderful experience! I feel so much better, so much more energized so healthy. But this morning when I stepped on the scale I feel as if that number did not represent the last 30 days of healthy living. Maybe I expected too much but I am now 196 and coming from 205 that seems like a great 9 pound loss in 30 days (not to mention the 17 inches I loss across my waist, torso and thighs.) I look forward to starting my next Whole30 next week and continue this path of healthy living. 

Archived