Started Monday

monicaamy

Hi! I meant to introduce myself Monday, but I forgot! This is not my first rodeo of dieting, as is probably the same with most of us. So this time I am calling it "my new lifestyle" instead of "diet"! I have been a yoyo dieter all my life and at almost 40, I don't want to do it anymore. I don't want to worry about my weight and how I look in clothes. I just want to eat when I'm hungry and crave the good stuff!

I lost my husband about a year and a half ago and during those last weeks of his life, I was so stressed out, I lost about 25 lbs. I was down to my goal weight, but it was from not eating and not even understanding when my body was hungry. Of course, I gained it all back plus more! Ugh! So now I am at the heaviest I have ever been, besides my pregnancy. It's time I chose clean eating and stay that way!

I recently remarried and my husband and our children don't eat vegetables and eat less than healthy. I now make 2 different dinners every night. People have said they should eat what I cook or figure it out themselves, but 1) I want to cook for my husband, and 2) If I don't cook, they go get fast food or eat out and we don't have the money to eat out every night. So, needless to say, for the past 3 days, I have spent a lot of time in the kitchen. I don't mind eating the same thing over and over, so that's a plus.

Anyway, enough rambling. I just wanted to introduce myself and make myself accountable. Thanks for having me!

Hello!

I wonder if you've tried any recipes from NomNom Paleo or Well Fed.  I have "reluctant" vegetable eaters in my house ... and all 6'4" plus boys who like real meals (and junk food) ... and they LOVE the recipes I make during Whole30.

My youngest requested some repeats when he is home from college  ;)  

I just add extra veggies to my plate and sometimes a quick starch for them and it works well.  My biggest problem over winter break is they were eating my leftovers!

Good luck!

Archived