Finally had that weird food dream!

MamaGraz

I'm on Day 27 of my first Whole30, and while I have been tracking along the Whole30 timeline pretty closely in terms of moods, cravings, etc., I had not yet had any food-related dreams.  That all changed last night when I had a truly hysterical and very realistic dream about devouring a giant ice cream sundae--and I do mean GIANT--multiple layers of ice cream and toppings, sprinkles, hot fudge sauce and whipped cream!  I could feel the guilt in my dream, particularly being this close to successfully finishing this journey.  

Any other January starters having this happen?  

I'm on day #15 and have had two so far...the latest one being last night.  Each time it was an accidental and mindless eating of candy in a jar or taking a drink of something surgary.  The one last night were those assorted soft cherry sours.  I may have one of those once every 5 years, so why they ended up in my dream last night I have no idea.  But then realizing I had sugar and couldn't do anything about it, I ate some more candy of some type.

And then sheer panic and disappointment and exasperation sets in that I have to start over at day #1.

Woke up this morning still with that panic feeling lingering, but then relief that it was all a dream and I don't have to start over.

Very funny--and scary--all at the same time, BobbyL!   It is odd that your dream involved something that was not a normal indulgence for you.  My experience was similar.  While I love ice cream, I have not had any cravings for it this month; however, I was having some monstrous longings for bread yesterday.  I'm surprised I didn't dream of being in a bakery eating sourdough loafs!

Archived