Starting Feb. 21

I'veGotThis

Today is also day 0 for me! I am also starting tomorrow if you would like to hold each other accountable :) you got this! 

Today is also day 0 for me! I am also starting tomorrow if you would like to hold each other accountable :) you got this! 

Just checking in to see how you are both doing. I had a few struggles yesterday - Sunday is the day family meets for brunch. The boys - husbands and grown sons -  play golf. First thing my future daughter in law did was order a fresh basket of homemade bread. Naturally she was sitting next to me and I could smell how good it really was -  I did manage to avoid it. The second challenge was when my tea came at the end of the meal - it was organic, caffeine free chamomile but Whole 30 means no sugar - not even sugar substitute - which is my go to in hot or cold tea. I missed it terribly and could barely swallow the tea - but I did not succumb to the dragon - so yeah for me. The third challenge at the end of the day was craving an Oreo. I haven't had a double stuffed oreo since Christmas but wanted one last night. Instead I went up to bed early - 8:30 PM and watched a little TV.

Day one was a success for me - how did you both do?

Hi, MargaretLogan7 and MD2. Thanks for connecting. So far, so good. I am relieved that I've had good food to eat and haven't been too hungry. Yesterday I made the ranch dip, which was good but I'll ease up on the vinegar next time. I like the "protein salad" recipe, which is going to be my go-to lunch at work. I put a few currants in my chicken salad today, which was a treat compared to the Paleo version of an elimination diet that I did once before. That was a good experience, but I think having a bit of fruit every day is going to help me stick withthe Whole30.

I hope you both feel good about Days 1 and 2.

Hi, MargaretLogan7 and MD2. Thanks for connecting. So far, so good. I am relieved that I've had good food to eat and haven't been too hungry. Yesterday I made the ranch dip, which was good but I'll ease up on the vinegar next time. I like the "protein salad" recipe, which is going to be my go-to lunch at work. I put a few currants in my chicken salad today, which was a treat compared to the Paleo version of an elimination diet that I did once before. That was a good experience, but I think having a bit of fruit every day is going to help me stick withthe Whole30.

I hope you both feel good about Days 1 and 2.

Hi I'veGotThis! I am so glad it is working for you. I seem to be following the program - but not as well as I should. I started a food log and one of the monitors - Tom - jumped in to help me. I have not  been having a little potato every day - or carb like food so I will need to start to add that. In addition I had ordered a food scale , which is apparently a very big no no. I knew that the palm size portion of protein was inaccurate for me - way too small - so he suggested using two palm size portions. Last night it worked great!  I'm having a terrible time eating the breakfast - I force it down but it just sits like a lump on the back of my my throat. Yuck.

So glad for you that your days are going well! Here is to day 3!!!

Margaret, hope you are doing well.

Hi ladies!  I started my second round of Whole30 on Sunday, as well (21st). My husband is actully doing it with me this time.  Although, he is just more concerned about sugar intake than anything else. 

Day 4 is going pretty well. I don't really feel the kill all things, but I don't think I felt that the first time around either. I am more sleep than anything.  I am keeping a food log and overall well being log. I feel like that helps keep me accountable to myself.  I walk my dog every day (around a mile and a half).  I will through in the real exercise next week probably. I am trying to to push myself to do too much all it once. I tend to crash if I do that! 

Good luck to everyone on their journey!

Hi, all. I'm more in the "eat all the things" mode, but I'm eating compliant foods so I guess it's okay. I'm keeping a log of my plans and then what I actually eat. That's helping me stay organized. I'm tired and a little discouraged about how much time I'm spending in the kitchen. More than anything, I think I'm just tired. I'll go to bed early tonight, and that will probably help. The good news--I'm thrilled about the mental clarity I've had the last few days!

"I'veGotThis" - I definitely wanted to munch yesterday as well!  I feel like I am in the kitchen every night for 2 hours.  It is ridiculous.  But I do know from the past that it does get better.  I think sometimes you just have to say I am going to have some cold chicken, tomatoes and cucumbers and call it good!  LOL!  Last night I did taco salad. Super easy.  I ground the beef, bought all ready shredded lettuce, and pre made pico that had no added anything.  TA DA - Supper!

Well, Today is Day 5 and I have to I AM CRANKY.  I mean, really cranky.  At least I am aware - does that actually make it any better?  Nope! I just really want to make it through the work day without ripping anyones head off and then go home and be a hermit.  LOL! 

I hope all of you have a great day!

Hi ladies!  How is everyone doing? Been really quite the last few days.  We officially made it through the first week. I feel pretty good today (Day 8).  I am up and have already prepped my veggies for the week.  Dinner is planned for tonight and tomorrow night, with tons of leftovers to last till at least Thursday.  We will see.  Hope you all are doing really good!  

Margaret,

Just remember that it was just one meal. Don't beat yourself up over it. Glad you are still going to stick with it. This is a learning experience, so just take that one meal as a learning experience. How much cheese was it? Was it enough to warrant starting on Day 1? Only you can make that determination. Good luck to you! Just keep moving forward and finish what you wanted to start!

Archived