March 1!!!

KrysR

This will be my first Whole 30. I have researched the paleo diet, and dabbled in it, for a year or so.  I have always been a carb addict and doing the "part time paleo" thing hasn't been super succesful.  I seem to fall off the wagon way too easily.  I am, what most would consider, a very healthy individual. I work out routinely, can easily run a 5K, and eat tonnes of veggies, etc.  HOWEVER, I work straight nights (part time nurse, full time mom) and my sleep habits are completely screwed up and leaving me exhausted. Night shifts are THE WORST for bad eating habits.  I am hoping that completing a Whole 30 will help in the sleep department, but also help change my relationship with food.  I don't want to continue life binging on carbs to help keep me awake - knowing that in the end my health will suffer.

I started yesterday, and am currently 24 hours in!! :)  I have done a "whole 9" before so I know that this week is going to be tough.  I'm not looking forward to the headaches, lethargy and grumpiness (my poor husband *grin*), but I'm determined to complete this, and see what a difference whole eating can bring! :) 

We have a vacation booked for March break - so that will be a challenge - but totally doable (and do it, I will :D).  How's that for determination? Good luck to everyone else going through the same!!!

Archived