Starting April 1, this is NOT an April Fool's joke ;)

mammymurphy

Hi, I'm Diana! I'm starting my second Whole30 on April 1st, I did my first in October. I switched over to a Paleo lifestyle last July after practicing a "clean eating" lifestyle for a few months. I made the change after reading It Starts With Food. I was so enthralled with the science behind what food does to us once it is inside our bodies that I then got really excited about doing a Whole30. Kind of taking it to the next level, so to speak. 

I am a couple weeks into training for my fourth half marathon and I thought it would be the perfect time to rededicate myself to a healthier lifestyle. While I still eat Paleo, I'm human and imperfect, so I'll be honest and say that I totally slipped over the holidays and was a little too "graceful" with myself when it came to allowing not-great food choices to happen. I have a HUGE sugar dragon and that it my weakness. But I also had things like my mom's homemade lasagne and cannolis on Christmas Eve. I know I can increase my pace if I clean up my diet a little more and cut back on certain things. Sugars and nuts being my two biggest problems.

So, another Whole30 seemed like the perfect way to get me back on track in time for race day...and beyond! I'm excited to be a part of the Forum this time around, too!  

Archived