Whole30 Journey - started 4/11

whole30gal

Yesterday I started my first ever Whole30 journey. Since I forgot to post yesterday, I am going to do two days in one posting. I am still trying to figure out how much food to eat in a meal. I think I am not eating enough because I feel a little shaky and foggy. Any thoughts would be helpful. Especially breakfast. (As you can see my breakfast is definitely lacking). I don't have time to make a big breakfast in the morning because I have to get to work by 7:45am and start teaching right away.

Monday, April 11th - Day 1

Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs 

Lunch - salad made with roasted brussel sprouts, and half an avocado. Also had a plum and handful of grapes

Snack - plantain chips

Dinner - walnut crusted pork tenderloin with a sweet potato and brocolli

Tuesday, April 12th

Breakfast - 2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch - left over pork tenderloin over a salad. Also had blackberries.

Snack - plantain chips

Dinner - Salmon Cakes over arugula with lemon juice (taste wise, not satisfying to me)

Onward to day 3 - as much as I am craving cheese, I have eaten 100% whole30 approved!

Day 3 - feeling tired. I had some weird dreams last night about making egg "muffins" for breakfast but added A LOT of cheese to everyone. Definitely craving my cheese. 

Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs with a piece of grilled chicken

Lunch - salad with 1 avocado, tomatoes, grilled chicken with a balsamic vinaigrette

Dinner - burger with portabella mushroom bun

Day 4 - I was feeling exhausted throughout the whole entire day. I am noticing that I am still having a hard time falling a sleep. I am hoping that this starts to get better. 

Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs with spinach and tomatoes

Lunch - crabcakes with shredded broccoli and carrots and a plum

Dinner - zoodles (first time making them) with sauteed shrimp with pesto sauce

Day 5 - still going strong, but I feel so tired by the end of the day. Plus, I am having a real hard time falling a sleep and I am really restless. I am hoping this starts to go away soon.

Breakfast - half an avocado and 3 scrambled eggs

Lunch - shredded broccoli and carrots with a piece of grilled chicken and a plum

Dinner - rib eye steak with a sweet potato and asparagus wrapped in prosciutto

Snack - 2 chomp sticks (I did not have a fulfilling lunch at all. I need to start adding more variety to it so I am starving come 5pm)

I had insomnia on the night of Day 4, but it only lasted that night.  Even with some sleep, when the kids let me sleep, I feel pretty exhausted all the time.  Looking forward to getting past this stage.  Hang in there!

Behind in posting - had a crazy busy weekend

Day 6: Woke up with so much energy - first time in a long time!! I was at a workshop all morning and afternoon, hence all the snacks for lunch and snack

Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled, prosciutto, spinach

Lunch - 2 chomp stick snacks and plantain chips

Snack: 1 chomp stick snack 

Dinner: baked bbq ribs with sauteed brussel sprouts and butternut squash - AMAZING!!!

Day 7: Woke up tired, but I think that is because of such a busy day. I also was out all morning and afternoon for a family obligation. I was very proud of myself though. Part of the family gathering was at a restaurant for breakfast. I made my breakfast before going. But, man - everything looked so good!!!

Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs, spinach and prosciutto

Lunch: RX bar and 2 chomp snack sticks

Dinner: chicken with brussel sprouts and butternut squash

Week 2 bring it!!!!  

I wanted to let you know that the log section isn't moderated and I'm not an expert, but I can tell you that your meals and snacks are not compliant to the template. You may want to post them in a moderated section. You don't want to waste your hard effort not doing an actual Whole30.

What part of my meals/snacks aren't compliant? Everything that I am eating is Whole30 approved. Please point out what you are noticing? I am following the template and how it fits into my schedule. I need to add more fruit, but other than that I am doing well and haven't gotten off track at all. 

We made zoodles this weekend as well. Gonna try them tonight.

Your menu looks good to me, as long as your checking ingredients of everything or making it yourself. I thought I could find compliant mayo, but it looks like I'll be making that myself, this week, to mix with tuna. Although mixing an avocado with tuna tasted pretty good.

We made zoodles this weekend as well. Gonna try them tonight.

Your menu looks good to me, as long as your checking ingredients of everything or making it yourself. I thought I could find compliant mayo, but it looks like I'll be making that myself, this week, to mix with tuna. Although mixing an avocado with tuna tasted pretty good.

Zoodles are AMAZING! Well for me they are because I love pasta, so if I can psych my body out thinking it is pasta - the more the better. :) 

Yup, I am checking my ingredients. I spoke to a moderator after my first two days and she said to amp my protein and veggies into my breakfast - ever since I did that, things have been great. It doesn't say you CAN't snack. So the days that I have had snacks,my work days have been extra busy (I'm a PE teacher and some days I am running around more than others). 

I have to try the tuna/avocado recipe. I think I will try that for lunch tomorrow. 

How are things going for you.??? 

Archived