Laura's first whole30

Laura Bass Berry

Ok, I started yesterday, and I had:

2 cage free eggs scrambled

1 pork chop, collard greens

1 pork chop, sweet peas, 1 thick slice of sweet potato.

To drink throughout the day, decaf unsweetened tea. (Legal, right?)

I was dabbling in paleo for a while before committing to this, so I don't feel the sugar cravings so much at all, but I feel awful today (virus or stress, who knows) and it's hard not to soothe my sick tummy with some rice and butter. I know what grains do to me now though, so I know it's only pain and suffering ahead if I fudge... especially wheat! Oh the pain! I have only managed a cup of tea this morning (nothing in it)... I can't face an egg. :(

Hi there! I just started yesterday too. I did weight watchers earlier this year and lost some weight but I really want to get healthy. What I liked about weight watchers online was tracking all of my food online. I was glad to find this area of the forum so I can do that here as well! You were the first post I clicked on so I decided to "follow" you. Not sure if people read each other's logs or just do it for themselves- but I will read yours if you read mine! Nice to meet you- I'm Tracy! Let's rock this!

Just realized that I didn't even read the part of your post that said you weren't feeling well. What a great supporter I am, huh? I know what you mean. I am worried about that. When I feel sick, chicken noodle or dumpling soup is what makes me feel better. Hope you feel better soon!

@ Tracy... I think regular tabasco and whatnot is ok... but it's not the same!!! Ok, so for today, food has been as follows...

Finally got well enough to eat two scrambled eggs.

Lunch was part of a sweet potato with the sriracha I previously mentioned... I know it's not much, but my hubs was gone all day and my car was broken down and I had noooo food at the house. Well, nothing I could eat anyway.

Dinner was a half pound hamburger patty and an apple at work. Was drinking hot lemon water to make me feels better...

I know I didn't eat enough today. But I didn't (intentionally :) ) cheat. I am on track. And hungry. Lol!

Ok, yesterday, (Day 3) was a crazy day. I ran around for most of it, but I was not to be thwarted. In hindsight, I ate too much fruit, but I DID. NOT. CHEAT. Breakfast was an egg scramble with spinach, mushrooms, onions, and hot sauce. Throughout the day, I ate 3 (yes 3) bananas, an apple, some plain almonds, lots of water, and two legal salads, one with a bit of chicken, one without.. both with ACV and oil.

Sounds great! Keep up the awesome work. Are you feeling better?

So, I just made the most delicious breakfast ever but now I am wondering if I need to start over.

Bacon (no hormones, nitrates etc)

Kale and spinach sauteed in ghee with garlic

2 good eggs over easy

Here's the thing- the healthy bacon had sugar in it. So it wasn't healthy. I have been doing so well. I won't eat it again. And I will likely do this longer than the 30 days, so I am going to keep on trucking!

Sorry about the short post earlier... my kids were demanding my attention! ;) I think the tummy issues I have been having must be diet related, because I'll feel fine, and then queasy again. Rrr. But overall, I feel better! Thanks for asking! Today, I have had

3 scrambled eggs

Sauteed zucchini and onions, and about a half a mashed sweet potato

Two satsumas, a banana, and a raw tomato with s&p for snackies throughout

Baked chicken

an avocado and a half with chopped fresh jalepeno and onion, and a touch of salsa verde (w30 approved) on celery

I tend to graze instead of eating big meals, so I know it looks kind of erratic, but I have been trying to let my body give me cues on whether I'm hungry or not. Eating these real foods, I find that if I'm craving non whole foods, it's because I'm not really hungry. It's a little empowering, really. Take that, food addiction! Hahahahaha! (For reals, though, the cravings are still very much there, I just try to laugh in their face when they taunt me. :)

Archived