First time...starting May 15th

playtruly

Thanks for the positive input Sharon and Yia-Yia. So sorry to hear about your accident Yia-Yia. Stay positive!

Today is Day 30! I allowed myself to get on the scale cuz I am flying out on vacation this afternoon. I lost 5 pounds.

Thankful for the loss, but would like to have shed more pounds. I have autoimmune issues, but chose to do original Whole30 

for the first time around. Next time, I will eliminate foods specific to autoimmune protocol. Especially nightshades. Goodbye baked potatoes with ghee!

That being said, I LOVE this program and would do it all over again even with zero weight loss. I feel great, look great, I am happier

and easier to get along with. Seriously, my relationships have improved. Lets just say, my smile is brighter! Good luck to you all just 

finishing up and keep your chin up to those that had to start over! This is the healthiest eating plan that I know of!

P.S. I DID slay the sugar dragon!!!!!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, apparently I can't count! Whole31 for me!  I will start with beans tomorrow, and on Friday I have a wedding to go to so I have no idea what's going to happen then.  I have not weighed myself, but am pretty sure I am going to be close to not much either mebaer2000.  I do feel lighter, but I can't imagine I lost more than 4-6lbs.  I feel really alert still during the day still, but the last 3-4 days I haven't slept as well as I had days 1-25.  Also, I have actually felt a little lazier when it comes to getting up for my boot camp class.  I do feel really good though despite those things, and think maybe it might be a bit hormonal.  I am nervous about the re-intro phase and really want to do it right, so hopefully I will have some good options at the wedding.  I have no desire or cravings for sugar, but I am going to have at least one bite of wedding cake :).  I will try and keep up with this way of eating as long as items are available, but I am going to try and not stress about it when things like a wedding or my family wants to go out to eat get in the way.  My skin is the clearest it has ever been since I was in the 4th grade going to the dermatologist for acne.  That in itself is worth me trying to continue to eat this way, because it has definitely made me feel generally happier and more confident.  Congratulations to everyone on making it through this journey!

It's now Day 32 for me. At the end of Day 30 I got hit with food poisoning! Fever, stomach cramps. I suspect it was something in a meal where I had roast salmon, a cucumber/carrot salad and blanched spinach. It was the raw salad, right? 

Also, I should share that I've been doing a more restrictive version of the Whole 30 - the Autoimmune Protocol. 

So I instead of that bowl of ice cream, I have stuck with Whole 30 for Day 31 and 32 because I want to do as little as possible to irritate my gut.

And I weighed myself: as I suspected, I have lost 0 weight since I started this. Yes, zero. I have had non-scale victories like clearer skin, better sleep, better mood, (mostly?) better immune system. I'm unsure whether to stick with Whole 30 and adjust my portions downward: consume less fat, less protein at each meal, or whether to ditch this altogether. I'll post to the Troubleshooting forum. To be fair, I have been nursing a shoulder and back injury so I haven't been working out for the past 30 days. 

I'm still really interested in hearing from others! What results did you see? 

Archived