Happily Enjoying Post Whole30 Life - By eating Whole30!

Sass

I finished a whole 37 last week. My plan was to do a slow roll reintroduction. Enter Mother's Day...who can say no to chocolate covered strawberries, gf pancakes and mimosas in bed? Apparently not me, but as it turns out I most definitely should have. By 8pm the same day I has such tummy troubles I spent the night on the bathroom floor. It took me 3 days to fully recover. I have eating Whole30 since and plan to continue unless a special event comes up. I will then choose ONE off plan food to introduce. It is so not worth it to me to feel like that again.

Why do I have to learn the hard way? Ugh, I read, I followed the rules, I had a plan and boom, the bottom fell out. Shaking it off...no use crying over spilled milk. Just please remind me to not be tempted by a tray of pretty food served by my sweet family's smiling faces again.

I had a similar breakfast on Mother's Day, actually.  Banana-egg pancakes, strawberries, and home-fried potatoes.  It was lovely and didn't make for a painful day.  So -- keep experimenting, slowly and carefully.  Life is wonderful on Whole30 yes and I eat Whole30-ish (barbecue sauce occasionally, some fresh corn occasionally, etc.) all the time.  I have also learned, over a few years of doing this, that some things are Worth It.  Balancing what's worth it and what's not is what takes patience and time and honest-to-goodness careful thinking.  There are 8 known special occasions every year, for me.  The special foods we plan for those days -- like Italian Wedding Cake cupcakes, made with the recipe used for our actual wedding cake, on my birthday.  That's worth it.

On the other hand, break room leftover donuts?  Not worth it.  Took me a long time to really get there, and I still have days when I consider it.  On those days, sometimes I plan out an even-better treat.  Because if I'm going to have a treat, then darn it, it better be GOOD.  (And I haven't had a good donut in, well, ever.  Because I don't actually really like donuts.)

So yes, keep going!  Be tempted.  Thing about the temptations and help the family learn how to treat you in ways that are awesome.  Because, well, it's awesome when they do that.

ThyPeace, also got vegetable plants and a rose bush and some bath gel for Mother's Day.  Awesome family.

Archived