Have to restart...

Fitmisshelly

So, after 5 perfect and successful days of my whole30, I need to restart.  I did EVERYTHING I could, and am actually really upset about this.  Every Saturday, my husband & I go out to a new restaurant.  We travel between Cleveland & Pittsburgh, and the variety makes it fun.  I am VERY ASSERTIVE when I order- even before this Whole30.  For the most part, restaurants are accommodating.  I ordered everything dry, and just a plain filet.  Sounds ok, right?  No.  The next day, my hands broke out, as they do when I eat gluten- ( I have DH- dermatitis herpetiformis).  Obviously SOMETHING was is this food.  The veggies looked a little oily, and were slightly seasoned, but I was assured there was "just a touch" of olive oil on the veggies.  Ughhhhhhhh I'm just disgusted.  Most of my meals are made at home, and this ruined it.  The good news is, I was only 5 days in...  :mellow:

Many restaurants really don't care, even if they seem accommodating. I had finished my 30, but planned to continue. Then I ate out and I know there was something on my food I explicitly asked to avoid. It could have just been butter, but it sure did affect me. My digestion and mood was off for a few days.

That sucks. :( I've avoided eating out for reasons like that. I just don't want to deal with it. When I was a waitress, I can remember the cooks being annoyed and doing petty things to special request meals. I avoid doing that at restaurants at all costs. 

Archived