Leomama's Whole30 Log

Leomama

Day 3...crash!

Days 1 and 2 were great! I felt excited, motivated, and strong. Today, not so much. I feel tired, cranky, and emotionally unsettled. Food seems to taste differently today and not in a good way. I don't even want to work out and I ALWAYS want to work out! Thank the stars for the daily emails that encourage, inform, and support those of us who are new to Whole30.

I was a pretty healthy eater before starting my Whole30 journey, but I was a mindless eater and I was a binge eater (why have 1 paleo cookie when I can have 12...no gluten so what's the problem?!). Today, I realized that my relationship with food is the only one where I give myself permission to feel pure, unadulterated bliss. Food doesn't judge, withhold, or expect anything from me. It's safe. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my husband, my kids, my family, my friends, and my life. But somewhere along the way, my perception became one of food being my *only* true source of safety and comfort...as a kid, eating was the only activity where being truly giddy, joyful, and spin-around-happy-dance-excited was okay.

Not exactly the type of aha moment I was expecting, but I am forever grateful for giving myself the opportunity to experience it.

I will make it to day 4. I will make it to day 4. I will make it to day 4.

Archived