*Amy* - 1st Round all the way over in Sydney [Australia]

_Amy

Day 28:

B - 2x hard boiled eggs, avo and a roast sweet potato

L - roast veg and watercress salad and oven baked prosciutto/potato

D - homemade chicken Tom Kha Gai soup

S - strawberries and pistachios

I had 2kg of chicken breast to prep for meals last night, so I made half into a delicious waldorf salad for lunches, and the other half I was going to poach in coconut milk and serve over veg. But I had so many delicious Thai aromatics [lemongrass, ginger, garlic, kaffir lime] in the fridge that I decided to keep the poaching liquid and turn it into a soup by thinning it out with chicken stock and adding coconut aminos, lime juice, mushrooms and zucchini before returning the sliced chicken to it. It was divine, definitely reminiscent of my fave Tom Kha Gai at Thai restaurants - just missing the galangal and fish sauce. 

Day 29:

B - 2x hard boiled eggs, avo and strawberries

L - chicken waldorf salad

D - leftover homemade chicken Tom Kha Gai soup

S - crispy prosciutto and potato

Day 29, holy crap. I got into the proverbial fetal position today and rocked back and forth a bit at the thought of being outside my 30. It's warm and safe in these confines as I know what I have to do each day. I know I could continue it on, but I am really looking forward to loosening the rules a bit. I need to figure out my reintroduction schedule. I'll be honest, I'm not going to do the eat one thing and then wait 2 days thing, I'm too impatient. I will try to introduce one at a time though at breakfast time, and monitor how I go for the rest of the day and how I feel the next morning.

Won't lie, whilst I have loved this food and will continue eating it, I am hanging out for a pink iced donut  :P

Day 30!!!!!!!!!!!!:

B - roast veg, baked sweet potato and strawberries

L - chicken waldorf salad

D - grilled barramundi with fresh salsa, spinach and chat potatos

S - larabar

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bloody did it. I am so very proud of myself, and genuinely surprised I completed it and did not cheat myself. Survived brunches, dinners, intense periods of work around food and a chest infection.

I lost 5.6kg [12 pounds] and multiple cm's all over. Without any real exercise other than incidental walking and stairs. I'm pretty blown away by that. Food really is the key.

Give me strength to do a slow reintroduction and not slip in little bits of things all over the place!

So I wasn't as cautious as I usually am at dinner last night, was a bit of a 'I survived 30 days!' dinner with my partner at the local club. I had grilled barramundi with fresh salsa, spinach and baby potatoes. Pretty safe I'd have thought, but admittedly I didn't ask all my usual questions about oils and seasonings etc. 

I've woken up this morning, with swollen dermatitits covered lips?! And the weird patch of dermatitis under my chin that I had during the first few days of the program. So there must have been something in that meal that I always used to eat, that my body went into withdrawals without, and has now flipped out when reintroduced. All I can think of is there might have been some seasoning flour on the grilled fish, as it was nice and browned? Maybe something soy derived?

Frustrating! I will get some allergy tests done next time I'm at the docs I think. Reintroduction fail :( 

Archived