gastritis anyone?

Hello. I'm new here. Has Whole30 helped anyone with gastritis? I'm a bit afraid of all the protein and fat having coming from a "high carb, low fat" mindset to supposedly treat gastritis. I'm also going through acid rebound from getting off a PPI. And I have GERD. Would love to hear from you (especially if you've been helped by this way of eating). Thanks very much.

• 2 weeks later...

I was diagnosed with erosive gastritis last December. I had no symptoms during my first Whole 30, and I felt so good I quit taking my omeprazole three weeks ago (I restarted my Whole 30 after 26 days, and now I am on day 13... So I been 99.9% on plan (didn't read about sugarless bacon, hense the restart) for 44 days now.

This week all my symptoms came back.... Especially in the mornings. It took me a few days to figure it out, but this morning, after restarting the omeprazole plus ranatadine yesterday, was the first day all week that I didn't wake up with a stomach ache/nausia and the inability to eat breakfast without feeling worse for eating.... I've only been up for a little while, so I'm not sure if the fatigue is gone yet.

But I am sure it wasn't the Whole 30 that brought the symptoms back. . When my tiger blood kicked in I was not cautious and over did it, and aggravated my arthritis so I began to use my dyclofinac (Nsaid) topical cream everyday starting two week's ago....I had no idea until yesterday, after doing some research, that even the typical cream can cause ulcers.... My erosive gastropathy was from taking the dyclofinac orally....

Lesson learned.

I am not a medical professional, and you didn't mention how long you have had gastropathy, or what caused it... But this way of eating is soothing to the digestive track and I am confident that if I am careful and stay away from Nsaids (in all forms) I will someday able to quit taking my omeprazole!

Archived