Day 9 - Epiphany!

MeganMorton56

So this is Day 9....to be honest, I almost didn't make it through my first Whole30 weekend. I was really rough, especially since I was out of town. I planned though, brought my own food to eat, which was almost sabotaged when the microwave in the hotel room wouldn't work.

I had an epiphany this morning as I was packing my family's lunches. When I went to pack mine, I didn't pack a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack (which I've been eating, all Whole30 approved though). I just finished the part in It Starts With Food about the signals in the gut that tell my brain I'm full. It's actually working!

Plus, after my bison beef and veggie dinner last night (which was really good), I tried some coconut milk over a freshly sliced peach and some cinnamon and nutmeg on top. It was amazing! And I didn't feel like I was going to strangle something if I didn't have any sugary treats.

So anyway, I'm plodding through this Whole30, lots of emotions going on, a little crying, but feeling much better physically and a little better mentally. Have a good day today, everyone!

Archived