Whole30 and the Baby Boomer

Amy25

My husband and I are near the end of our first Whole30 together.   Our 20-30 year old kids challenged dad.  So far we have been successful, feel much better and of course, as is always with men, the weight has dropped off of him. After all, his personal  chef (me) made sure his meals were prepped.

We are at the end of the boomer generation, not yet 60, which brings up a few questions. We get a physical yearly, blood workup, etc so we know where we stand and hope to see improvement, my husband especially. After reading the book, I didn't see any specifics for women and menopause.  Since many foods have hormonal implications, this interests me.   Menopause is a sick, long lasting experience that really needs whole30.  It is nice to feel in balance again.  Any insight for moving forward?

I'm 59, and I sure wish I had started with W30 earlier. I struggled through menopause, and I think this would have been good for me then. Since I didn't know about it, I can't give you facts, but I do think it would have helped. My doctor was a big fan of the program after the success I had with my first round last September. I wish I had kept it up instead of going back to eating like I was before. I hope NOT to do that this time! Keep at it. Be careful with your reintroductions, and you should learn a lot about what will help you through the menopause beast!

Archived