Starting on September 13

RachelWoods

A friend of mine directed me here. I've been reading up and recently purchased the book to learn more. After almost 3 years of begging doctors to do real blood work on me and not just basic work, I got an answer that my weight gain, sluggishness, and general poor health is related to a vitamin d and testosterone deficiency along with being pre-diabetic. They recommended hormone replacement pellets with other medications, but I refused because I felt that at age 27, my problems could be helped with my diet. I know my diet sucks and I just needed a wake up call. I plan to start on September 13. I picked the 13th because I know I am going on a special trip this next weekend and I don't want to set myself up for temptation in the first week. This will also give me next week to purge my house of the crap so when I get back I can fill the fridge with healthy food. 

I'm nervous about starting. My "support" is mostly virtual with the exception of 2 people. My family is my biggest group of enablers, and we have had a tendency to be a family of down home southern cooks where if it doesn't have gravy of some form, its not edible. I've done well on other plans, but this is my first elimination type program, so I am hopeful that It help me pinpoint some digestive issues.

This all said, any advice anyone can give me, will be greatly appreciated!

-Rachel

Archived