Oct 17th start -- On Day 2

JenBoo

Hello,

My name is Jen and I am embarking on this journey for two reasons: 

1. I went to the doctors and ended up with the diagnosis of strep throat --- and a check of my weight that made me want to cry. Honestly, I was feeling shame. 

2. I want to commit to myself. I have started eating plans in the past and I have rarely managed to stay true to a promise to myself for more than seven days. 

I am an almost 50 year old woman who has only experienced issues with my weight for the past ten or fifteen years. I was always very slim until my mid thirties. Then hormones. Well, and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle (I feel like such a textbook case right now....) --- so now I am about fifty pounds heavier than I would like to be and I am bordering on desperate. I am afraid that if I don't start feeling better about myself soon then it is going to eat at me more than it already has. And I want to be healthy and happy in my body. 

The problem is that although I am very self-aware, I am not always good about taking action on my own behalf. I am aware of what I need to do to move forward but I just don't do it. 

So I am on my second day, and so far, so good (But of course, I am not at KILL ALL THE THINGS phase yet.) I spent all day Sunday cooking up, and that has already saved me from myself after a one hour late afternoon meeting turned into a three hour horror show and I just got home and wanted to eat......anything.....

I need to figure out an exercise plan --- I should say an exercise habit --- and I will be on my way, slowly but surely. 

I am almost afraid to be glad that the first two days went ok ------  I am worried that I won't be able to keep this commitment to myself for just thirty darn days. 

Archived