Day 15 - Miracles are happening, yet feeling a little blue?

MeganMorton56

Today is Day 15, half way. I had a wonderful week last week and a really good weekend, tried some new foods. I LOVE sweet potato now, and I tried Tom Denham's London Broil, which went ok. I accidentally charred the outside (I'm new to cooking too), but my husband cut into the meat and was like, "aww yeahhh" cuz it was medium rare. So, it's a learning process. Honestly, I have NEVER cooked as much as I have these past two weeks in my entire life. So I'm really liking the new cooking enthusiasm, my clothes are fitting more loosely, and best of all, I had an appointment with my Rheumatologist last week and he said my blood work looks phenomenal and he's taking me off all medication and says I'm in remission from RA! Which means I'm heading back to CrossFit!

So, things have improved drastically these past two week, but for some reason, I feel a little blue today. Could be it's Monday. But I don't know why I'm feeling this way? Maybe I'm still mourning the loss of my sweets? Maybe I'm still not in balance with the hormones? Just wondered if this is normal - to still feel this way after amazing changes have started happening? Anyone else?

Thanks for the support and best of luck just for today.

Funny, or perhaps not. I am also on Day 15 and I have been feeling great all the time. Better than ever!

But today I am also feeling a little bit blue.

I have been blaming it on a terrible Monday at work and on the rain outside. But I am not sure. It has

also been a good day, with lots of positive things happening. Still, I feel like you, a little bit blue.

Perhaps it is just a coincidence, who knows?

I think it is difficult to know whether you are feeling blue because of your dietary choices or because of the situations that naturally arise during an entire month. I know that although my overall energy levels have been much more steady, I am suffering from a malaise also (I'm on day 15). I won't know for sure whether it is because of my food intake or because of other things going on in my life until I have more experience with this lifestyle.

The nice thing, however, is that soon I can rule out diet as the cause of any borderline depression issues and be able to focus solely on the real cause :)

Megan,

That is exactly right! The work we are doing now is to get our body in a happier place so we can remove one more stressor from our lives and start to have a great relationship with the animals and plants we eat. By doing this we can more accurately read what is causing us stress because there will be much less 'white noise' as our sensitivity increases.

I'm already beginning to feel better, it was probably just starting the week - mundays.

Hey all, good to hear that my wife and I aren't alone. We're on day 15, doing our first Whole 30 together, and I have to say, it has presented more than a few challenges. Each of us have had our share of meltdowns, and we both woke up this morning feeling blue and somewhat filled with malaise. I think energy wise, we're both pretty even, I know I am, though I can't seem to eat enough even at this point. Maybe it is just Monday, but our moods seem to be back and forth quite a bit. I for one have been pretty agro and argumentative. Thoughts?

Archived