Kim's Food Log - Here we go!!

Sieb

Ok, Day 1 here. I am so excited to finally start my whole30 journey! This will be the third whole30 I have done over the years. I just need to reset my body and mind. And to breathe and feel back in control of myself, my food, and get rid of my bad habits that are sloooowwwwllly invading my world again. As an athlete, within this last year (3rd Ironman), I have tried to "relax" a bit with food and letting myself eat somethings I wouldn't normally touch for years (unless I fell off the food wagon) so I could get more carbs in for training. However, my long endurance season is over and I am back to just regular training/ light workouts/no races.  I don't like it that now eating some of what I brought back into my diet feels normal and frankly, I miss my old self. I tend to listen to much to others that say, that's crazy, etc. I always had felt really good when I eat and follow paleo lifestyle and it's time to just listen to myself and what I feel works for me and what makes me feel the best. Our family has done too much eating out at Chipotle and my husband needs some extra help anyways with his diabetes. And I am back to a very time high weight for me and I do not like it one bit. No one would look at me guessing I just completed my 3rd Ironman at the end of Sept. And being 47 is not helping! So here I go. Whooo hooo!

Day 1: 

Breakfast: 3 eggs cooked in coconut oil and added in kale and carrots, cucmber

Lunch: veggie soup, 3 eggs cooked in coconut oil and added in kale and carrots

Dinner: chicken, roasted veggies (olive oil, brocolli, cauliflower, butternut squash) and avacado.

Day 2:

Breakfast: 3 eggs cooked in coconut oil and added in kale and carrots. Some roasted veggies: brocilli, caulif, butternut squash. So yummy.

If anyone is reading my posts, I tend to eat the same foods while on OR off the whole30. which is what I am trying to change as part of my food. I have found a few recipes now that I am going to try to get myself to make. 

Goal while on the whole30: to cook at least 1 dish a week and add each week. so week 2, i will have 2 dishes i cook, bake, etc.

Reflection on day 1:

1. i feel great to be back on track

2. i am kinda retreating into myself while i get back on track.

3. i realize by working from home I need to really take advantage and take control of my activity. As an athlete, I am very lazy right now and wanting to have my cake and eat it too. Is this a winter thing? i am not in MN anymore so i should not be acting like it!  I feel like I could just sit in my "office" and not move at all during the day/night. I took a few days off from my workouts and now I am struggling. gotta just bite the bullet. 

Reflection on day 2:

I feel so great to be on track but it was evident even on day 2 where bad habits have been in my day to day.

1. i miss gum. yesterday without gum i had to just sit there. ekks. why that is scary i don't know. I focused on drinking my water.

2. i wanted to grab for a banana or just have something.. not necessarily hungry when i wanted this but i paid attention to myself when i did that. boredom? tired? just seemed like something to do

3. i want my cake and to eat it too. I have been skipping my full workouts with thanksgiving travel, etc and i am playing games in my head. I am not being too hard on myself at the moment with starting the whole30 because i know my energy is low and it will return but  i just am not working out hard or like i am use to. True, i just completed my third Ironman race but ok, that was end of sept and my 2-3 weeks of planned but unstructured workouts turned to lifting has been nice but now this last week i have totally fallen and just really paying attention to myself and my thoughts. Come on, i gotta get my sh** together!

4. I need to really take advantage that i work out of my home.

5. i drank way too much coffee.

Day 2 meals. i forgot to finish recording:

bk eggs in coconut oil with kale and veggies

lunch chicken and veggie soup and roasted veggies

dinner big burger, 2/3 avacado, sweet potato, banana (i was really full. i wanted this banana earlier and i told myself i have to wait to eat it with my dinner)

• 2 weeks later...

Day 15! ok i stopped recording my food but might start again to keep my eyes open. I have done all compliant and its going well but i noticed a few things that i need to correct.

I am eating more fruit. I am not a huge fruit person but have taken a liking to frozen blueberries. But i am using it as a crutch at night. Like a treat. Like a big coffee cup, a few times i had two. I noticed last week when it got a little hard, the blueberries became a distraction. Now i feel like i have had too much sugar and i can feel it. Not sure how to describe but when i have sugar, my brain buzzes. And my stomach gets upset.

• 3 weeks later...

I am on my second round.. i think today is day 36? Anyways... I am trying to record my food again to see where i am at with food incase i need feedback. First W30 round, I lost maybe 2 lbs only (but that's ok..).  I lost body fat and some bad habits and this is a tweaking. learning time for me to readjust my life, reset goals, etc. I plan on sticking to the W30 until my bday in June. Anyways, food log back again here..

Breakfast 7:30am: 3 eggs, coconut oil, kale/carrots, 1/2 sweet potato.

Jan 2 Food Log:

Breakfast 7:30am: 3 eggs, coconut oil, kale/carrots, 1/2 sweet potato

Lunch 1:30 pm : Chicken, avacado, steamed brocilli, cauliflower and carrots, 1/2 sweet potato

Dinner 6:30pm: Burger, roasted brussel sprouts, cauliflower, brocilli and butternut squash (olive oil)

Crossfit Class: 7:30pm

PW: chicken, roasted brussel sprouts and banana ( i shouldn't of but did!).

I saw my husband drinking crystal light and I wanted some in such a bad way. I  didnt but i still wanted it. I still want it. ugggh. which is funny cuz crystyal light is one of those things that will hurt my stomach so bad that i would be doubled over in  pain if I drank it.

Archived