First whole 30 !

Charline

I started my very first Whole 30 on January 2 - my main goals are:

- Improve my relationship with food and tame the sugar dragon

- tha have a clearer skin

- To be less tired

I have a chart with all my meals planned for the next 2 weeks to make sure I am prepared and know all I have to prep in advance.

Yesterday was a good start / Day 1

M1 : 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1 banana, tea

M2 : beef and chicken shawarma, zucchini, carrots; tea

M3 : 2 small pork chops, mixed grilled vegetables in olive oil (potato, carrots, parsnip) & 1 apple

Workout: Endurance workout - 30 minutes

Today I am still feeling great, but a little hungry in the afternoon so I allowed myself a small snack. However, I want to limit snacking as it is my main weakness regarding food...

Day 2

M1: 1 1/2 boiled eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 banana

M2 : 1 beef strip loin, mixed green salad, tomato, oil and balsamic vinegar

S : 1 teaspoon of almond butter (pip & nut) and 1/2 banana

M3 : shrimp coconut milk curry, cauliflower rice, mixed green salad; herbal tea

Workout: 1h resistance training (Les Mills Bodypump class)

Feeling good and confident ! 

Day 3:

I am still feeling good, some sugar cravings but that is not really a change compared to my usual regime. I am not a big eater, I am quite petite (115.7 pounds, 5'3 foot tall) but I love snacking on chocolate, biscuits, everything sugary basically. This tends to occur when I am bored or stressed, but I am happy to see that I manage it for now. Yesterday was very challenging with a small party organized by my company with wine, chocolate, and everything I loved. 

Another issue is that my colleagues and I are used to go to restaurants for lunch. While this is really fun, it makes it really hard to eat Whole 30 compliant food. So I decided that I will bring my lunch to work 2 or 3 days a week, but will keep going out with them as well.

Today's meals:

M1: 1/2 sweet potato, 2 boiled eggs, 1 banana; green tea

M2: (prepared by myself) leftovers of mixed grilled vegetables in olive oil (potato, carrots, parsnip), canned tuna, mixed green salad, 1/2 apple, 1 small beetroot, EVOO, vinegar, mustard

S: 2 teaspoon of almond butter; green tea. This is what I should aim at avoiding !

I am meeting a friend for "drinks" tonight, this is my first outing since the beginning of the Whole 30, let's see how it goes !

M3 : Sparkling water and a tomato juice with my friend; a 2 eggs omelette with spinach; 1 apple

Day 4: So happy that I managed yesterday night so well. I was surrounded by fried food, drinks but by focusing on my friend I managed to order only compliant stuff. Today is a hit and miss with lunch being maybe not compliant. 

M1: chia seeds with water; 1 banana; 2 teaspoons of almond butter

M2: at a restaurant - sausage; mashed potatoes; 1 apple. I reacted very badly to this meal with nausea and headache 10 minutes after the end of the meal. I suspect that there was some butter on the mashed potatoes but no way to be sure. 

M3: zoodles, tomato sauce, minced beef; 1 sweet potato

Day 5 : 

Feeling really bad today, tired, light headed, very nauseous, with a bad headache, I cannot wait to be out of work and in my bed. I hope I will feel better tomorrow ! 

M1: chia pudding with coconut milk, blueberries, 1 tablespoon of almond butter

M2: cauliflower rice, shrimp curry, zoodles, 1 sweet potato

Archived