Mabry's Whole30 Log - Start Jan10

mabry

Day1, Jan 10

Day 1 is going alright, so far!  Haha.  Sounds funny, since we're talking about 2 whole meals here, but we all have to start somewhere.  Heading to the store for chicken and ground turkey.  I did a big grocery shop on Sunday, but my timing was bad.  They were out of everything!  Must be a lot of Whole30-ers in the area ;).  

Breakfast:  Hard boiled egg with a little Cholula, a few avocado slices, half an orange, a few blackberries and cherry tomatoes.

Lunch: Handful of mixed nuts, slice of roast beef (Applegate, compliant ingredients), handful of baby carrots

Dinner will probably be chicken roasted with olive oil, garlic, s&p, baked sweet potato, and either broccoli or green beans, depending on hubby's preference.  

A little get-to-know-me:  I'm 43, married.  My husband Brian and I moved to a new city about 7 months ago for a good job opportunity that ultimately didn't work out.  So now we're here, can't afford to move back really, so we're making the best of it.  We are both changing careers and studying for our real estate licenses.  Excited to work as a team!  Needless to say, all of the change in 2016 was pretty stressful.  A year ago I wanted to lose 20-25 pounds.  Instead, I gained 10 more, so that's frustrating.  I'm excited to get started with this program, make a fresh start.  I have asthma, so I'll also be interested to see whether this has any effect.

Cheers to 2017 and Whole30!  Good luck to you all.

Day2, Jan11

Good day so far.  Last night, felt really achy and irritable.  Well, most of the day, actually.  But, I had some emotional stuff going on, so that may have contributed.  Feeling mostly better today.  Had a headache, but body aches are gone.  

After posting yesterday, hubby and I also took Day 1 pics.  Pretty awful for us both, but hopefully we'll see rewarding changes down the line!

I think I'm probably going a little heavy on the fruit... Will do some veg prep so I can easily incorporate more veggies in my day without spending too much time.

Breakfast: Hardboiled egg with avocado/cholula, cherry tomatoes, blueberries, blackberries

Lunch: 2 turkey slices (Applegate), half an apple with almond butter, half a pear.

Added a tea bag to my water today for interest and a little caffeine...

Dinner will be leftover chicken and sweet potato from last night, plus roasted broccoli.

Day4, Jan13

Hanging in there!  Day 3 got busy, so no post.  Today, I slept in really late and woke remembering food dreams involving butter, cheese, and some kind of snack cake.  Also a Gwyneth Paltrow concert, so that was weird.  

Went out to dinner tonight, had fajitas with no cheese, sour cream, beans, rice, or tortillas.  Didn't eat a single chip, and did not order a margarita.  First time ever.  It wasn't bad, though I will be happy to have an adult beverage when my 30 days are up!!  

Tonight my tummy is rumbling, has a lot to say... My hubby and I both noticed feeling a little strange today.  Kindof lightheaded, but not really in a bad way.  Just odd.  He usually has heartburn on a regular basis, and has had no symptoms at all since we started.  

Tomorrow, planning to make that bison sweet potato chili I saw on Instagram today.  Except I'm subbing beef, because I didn't see bison at the store tonight.

Cheers!

Archived