We completed our first W30 with our neighbor

LK Labuda

My husband and I completed our first 30  (Jan 2 -31) with our neighbor!  We started together.  They bought Ghee we made clarified butter. I bought pico de gallo , they made pico de gallo, they had tangerines, we had limes!  We signed up for the daily emails (totally worth it) and had conversations about the daily topics.  Mid way (day 15) we went to dinner with two other couples and tested our restaurant choices.  Two more weeks went by and we did it!  It was so fun to have friends along on the challenge with us.   On Day 31 we went out to dinner to celebrate and announce our success.  The neighbor lost 17 lbs, my husband lost 13 lbs and I lost 7. ( I am now at my perfect healthy weight.)   While we were at dinner sharing our success stories (and still making W30 food choices) I think we recruited the other neighbors to give it a try.  I encouraged them to get the book "It Starts With Food".   

So now we think totally different about food and sugar and processed stuff (junk).  Thank you Whole30!  

Nice!  Having a good support group can be the difference between success and failure, at least for me.  The wife and I did it together, and have a number of neighbors also doing the W30.  Really nice to be able to share ideas and experiences without feeling like I'm trying to recruit. :)

Archived