Red Palms and Estrogen?

So this is weird, I'm putting on lotion and I notice my palms are super, bright red.  Back sides of hands, wrists are normal.  I google this (http://mddk.com/red-palms.html) and apparently one of the most common reasons is pregnancy because of an increase in estrogen.  Now, I am FOR SURE NOT PREGNANT.  I do take birth control, which is on that list but have been for years so I don't know why it would suddenly be a factor.  I have been in perimenopause for about 5 years (I'm 40) and take the pill for 90 days straight before doing the week of placebos and getting a period because my periods are so bad my doctor doesn't want me to suffer every month.  

Searching the forum, I see that a lot of women have issues with their periods because of hormone changes on the w30.  I also read a couple posts where people talked about how burning fat releases estrogen.  I'm only on day 9- but I'm wondering if the diet has changed my hormones enough to build up estrogen in my system and cause this?  Has anyone else experienced red palms or other, non period related hormonal issues while doing a w30?

I'm going to keep an eye on it and if it's still there in a day or two I'll go to the doctor.  I'm not looking for medical advice.  This whole hormonal shift thing based on food though is fascinating to me, and I'm wondering about other peoples' experiences?

Archived